Job Description Summary
The Director of Graduate Admissions provides results-oriented management and recruitment leadership across MBA and MS programs at the F.W. Olin Graduate School at Babson College. The Director is specifically responsible for supervising staff; managing the execution of the school’s strategic enrollment initiatives; aligning with the Associate Dean to provide both strategic and tactical approaches to meet enrollment goals; collaborating closely with Marketing, Student Financial Services, Career Development, Strategic Partners, Alumni Affairs, Academic Services and Faculty regularly; and managing the day-to-day operations of the admissions strategy established by the Dean of Graduate Admissions and senior leadership of the Graduate School/College.
Supervises staff at the following levels:
- Supervises staff and day-to-day workflow of admissions staff.
- Participates in the building of recruitment strategies to meet ambitious enrollment goals across multiple programs.
- In collaboration with the Dean of Graduate Admissions, contributes to and implements the strategic direction for the recruitment and enrollment of MBA and MS students by the strategic deployment of scholarship funds, targeted recruiting activities, and the development of new pipelines and partners.
- Collaborates with academic program directors to ensure clarity of academic requirements, features, and benefits of the program.
- Assists the Dean of Graduate Admissions in vetting new enrollment tools/vendors, and if adopted, builds a plan toward implementation with recruiting staff.
- Assists the Dean of Graduate Admissions in improving processes and policies to appropriately support the desired candidate experience through the pipeline from inquiry to enroll.
- Functions as a member of a cross-functional team that includes CCD and Graduate Programs to establish and incorporate feedback and perspective on applicant enrollment to ensure academic and job placement success; shares responsibility for establishing and maintaining a productive, collaborative and continuous feedback loop with colleagues throughout the School and College.
- Shares responsibility for planning and executing all recruiting events, both on campus and off with other recruiters and event staff. The program events may include: visitor programs, yield receptions, and programs for admitted students. Visitor programs include ad hoc candidate visits, class visitor programs, admitted student programs, and general MBA and MS information sessions. Responsibilities may also include outreach and participation in corporate recruiting activities as needed.
- Evaluates and maintains data to demonstrate efficacy of all outreach and enrollment efforts and ROI including but not limited to: travel, one-one recruitment efforts, yield events, advertising, scholarship, and financial aid awards.
- Shares responsibility for international and domestic travel to attend graduate programs recruiting activities. Some trips may require extensive time away from Boston at a time. International responsibilities include research and understanding of target markets; educational and professional experience equivalencies and cultural influences; and cultivating and maintaining relationships with international educational institutions, governments, sources of scholarships, employers, prospective students, and alumni.
- Assists with the development and updates to the website and publications, including brochures and applications; and as well as coordinates packets and mailings to admitted students.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Senior Associate Director or Associate Director
Senior Assistant Director
Part-time consultant(s) as needed
Minimum Level of Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required (in Business Administration or Education, or equivalent strongly preferred)
- Master’s Degree (in Business Administration or Education, or equivalent) strongly preferred
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience as an Admissions professional at a Graduate, Professional School or Executive Search Firm
- Must have prior experience with web-based and electronic marketing, customer relationship management (CRM), and data management and mining
- Ability to report and manipulate data to identify shifts and trends in the marketplace given that data analysis is integral as well as the ability to redirect efforts on behalf of the MBA Programs and ensure enrollment goals are attained.
- Ability to work effectively on high-performance team
- Ability to handle multiple projects with frequent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, and faculty
- Ability to be proactive in determining and implementing systems and processes that support a high-quality admissions department
- Ability to create an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deal with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciate open mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics.
- Ability to embrace ideas and changes created by all community members.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and effectively act on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and effectively handle change; demonstrate willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must demonstrate deep industry knowledge, professionalism, a strong customer and sales orientation and supervisory/project management experience
Additional Required Skills and Abilities:
- Required to travel internationally and domestically
- Works evenings/weekends
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
- Prior experience with scholarship and financial aid management preferred
- Prefer previous counseling, international admissions, and marketing experience