CVS Health is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better heath. CVS Health is pioneering a bold new approach to total health by making quality care more affordable, accessible, simple and seamless with more than 9,800 retail locations, approximately 1,100 walk-in medical clinics, a leading pharmacy benefits manager with approximately 93 million members and nearly 39 million members being served through our insurance plans and related services.
Our values are the heart of who we are and guide every decision we make driving excellence in all we do. We're proud to be recognized for living our values. CVS Health has been ranked #47 on Forbes Most Valuable Brands listing, ranked #3 on Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for being a “one-stop health shop," and ranks #31 in Fortune's first-ever "Change the World" rankings. Partnerships make it possible. Curiosity makes it fun. Millions of times a day, we’re helping people on their path to better health. Are you ready to join our award winning company the CVS Health team?
The Sr. Director, Enterprise Brand is a highly visible, collaborative, Enterprise-wide leadership position within Marketing. This role is intended to inspire, lead, clarify and ensure governance across all CVS Health brands. This person must be an experienced leader and proven influencer, working directly with executive leadership including the CEO and other c-suite executives. The person holding this position will be the subject matter expert and provide leadership for the following functions across the CVS Health enterprise (inclusive of CVSH, CVS brands and Aetna brands except where noted):
- Brand Strategy (CVS Health)
- Brand Identity
- Brand Architecture
- Brand Migrations
- Brand Governance
- Brand Marketing (CVS Health)
S/he will lead a team that develops the brand strategies, brand standards and maintains brand integrity across the CVS Health organization. With over 40 brands in our family of brands including the enterprise brand - CVS Health - and cornerstone brands - CVS Pharmacy, CVS Caremark, Minute Clinic and Aetna - they will play a key role in working across all CVSH companies and departments to provide consultative advice on all aspects of branding to support growth and ensure alignment with CVSH business strategy.
Responsibilities and % of Time
1. Strategic leadership of the enterprise brand strategy, directly responsible for setting the brand vision and inspiring brand compliance for CVS health and across CVS Health Companies.
- Lead the creation and implementation of all brand positioning projects
- Provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and migration to support CVSH business strategy; plan and guide migration implementation across the Enterprise
- Establish and lead the Enterprise brand naming strategy; work in partnership with marketing teams on naming architecture to ensure its consistent application across the Enterprise
- Lead a team of brand professionals who provide brand counsel to key internal and external stakeholders, including creative agencies, marketing leaders, c-suite level executives and other senior leaders. - 30%
2. Brand compliance and training management
- Continually engage the enterprise, its executives and its leaders around the brand vision and overall brand strategy so that they can function as effective brand stewards; driving brand governance via agency
- Serve as the Enterprise-wide subject matter expert and ambassador for all aspects of CVSH’s brand identity; promote brand awareness and measurement, oversee tools and training for agency partners and colleagues
– Develop structures and processes to ensure consistency in branding across the organization; oversee development and execution of an enterprise-wide brand governance structure including guidelines, training and other management structures. - 10%
3. Partner across the Enterprise to support and educate on strategy and usage of the family of brands
4. CVS Health brand marketing:
- Create a culture of transparency and promote a positive environment across the enterprise
- Work across multi-functional areas to support brand in a highly matrixed environment, including but not limited to Legal, business partners, creative agencies, marketing colleagues, HR, corporate communications, etc. - 20%
Define, design, advocate for and develop CVS health corporate marketing campaigns. - 20%
5. Integration support:
Oversee investments in brand and logo migration related to the Aetna integration. - 10%
6. Lead the internal team and extended set of agency partners to deliver high quality work, on-time and within budget. Set business priorities for the team and manage to achieve results; plan and allocate resources and develop plans to meet the needs of their clients in the lines of business. - 10%
- 15+ years’ experience in Brand Creation, Brand Management and Marketing
- Proven experience managing a team of brand professionals
- Proven experience managing agencies to deliver key projects
- Proven experience developing and implementing brand standards and governance across an organization
- Proven experience leading, managing and influencing a cross functional team
- Strong strategic, critical thinking, and conceptual abilities; ability to lead strategic planning discussions
- Strong organization and program management skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; ability to serve as public speaker and corporate representative on branding
- Creative problem-solver that can bring ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking to innovate and influence others.
- Knowledge of visual branding and identity creation
- Ability to influence and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating and change management skills.
- Demonstrated high leadership competency
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment and flexibility to accommodate demanding projects schedules and competing priorities
- Motivated self-starter, process-oriented with high attention to detail.
Bachelors degree required. MBA degree preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.