Linguists, Translators, and Language Specialists Nationwide
JTG is currently seeking Linguists, Translators, and Language Specialists at Entry and Senior Level with proficiency in English and one or more other languages:
Arabic; Bosnian and Russian; Chinese; French and Arabic; German and Dutch; Hausa and Arabic; Korean; Pashto and Dari; Pashto, Dari and Urdu; Russian; Somali and Arabic; Spanish; Spanish, French, and Italian; Tagalog and Indonesian; Turkish and Kurdish
- Monitor, collect, and condition (e.g. structure, categorize/code/tag, highlight, comment on) foreign open source information to include social media, radio, television, newspapers.
- Transcribe, summarize, or gist information into English
- Produce reports in English
- Use and develop reference materials such as glossaries, style guides, and translation memories
- Review the quality of other translators' work
- U.S citizenship
- Proficiency in reading, listening, and comprehension of the source language with the ability to transcribe the foreign language, summarize, and gist
- Able to pass translation performance test at ILR level 3 or higher
- Fundamental knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office suite and Internet tools
- Human Language Technology (HLT) Skills including Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) and adaptive machine translation tools
Bachelor's degree or 4 years of relevant experience
Position reports to Program Manager
Founded in 1995, JTG is an Employee-Owned Company that is specialized in language services, training, and analytics. JTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.