Grow your career! Here, you’ll find advanced training, opportunities for promotion, and great benefits — all while making a real difference in the lives of seniors!
EmpowerMe Wellness – and our subsidiary companies ONR and EverSpring Pharmacy – are on a mission to improve the lives of seniors and all we serve! We provide fully integrated on-site therapy, diagnostic lab testing, pharmacy services, and more at senior living communities nationwide. Our compassionate, experienced team of nearly 3,000 clinicians and professionals focus on health and wellness solutions in 36 states and counting. You can find out more about us at empowerme.com! (Please note: ONR clinics will be transitioning to the EmpowerMe Wellness brand in 2023.)
Job Overview: As a Long Term Care Pharmacy Nurse Consultant, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of patient care and medication management in assisted living communities. You will work closely with pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide expertise and guidance on medication-related issues. This is a challenging and rewarding role that requires a strong understanding of pharmacology, nursing, and geriatrics.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to promote safe and effective medication use in senior living settings.
- Provide consultation to assisted living communities on regulatory and compliance issues related to medication management.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in pharmacology, nursing, and long-term care to provide the highest level of expertise and guidance.
- Work closely with pharmacy to ensure satisfaction of community staff.
- Ability to audit medication carts and observe medication administration to senior living residents.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a current, active nursing license in good standing
- At least 2-5 years of experience in long-term care or geriatrics nursing
- Ability to critically evaluate and interpret complex medical information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals, patients, and families
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective medication management plans and interventions
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations related to long-term care medication management
- Proficiency in using electronic health records (EHRs) and other clinical software.
- This is a part-time position. As a Long Term Care Pharmacy Nurse Consultant, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of long-term care patients and their families.