The Clinical Support Specialist is responsible for determining optimal staffing coverage through a territory management plan utilizing a flexible staffing ratio of full-time, per-diem and agency nurses to maximize productivity that is consistent with the management and organizational goals.
We're looking for a dynamic team player with great communication skills both written and verbal; as well as detail orientation and time management skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will identify customer issues that require the attention of a nurse or pharmacist.
- You will document all communications in the patient clinical chart and obtains co-signatures from a nurse or pharmacist that relate to patient care.
- You will initiate discharge summaries, discharges patient therapies in the system, and changes patient status to discharge for Company nursing patients.
- You will manage master schedule for nurses working within their assigned territories and add to weekly nurse visit schedule for new and existing patients.
- You will verify daily nursing visits and coordinates changes in scheduled visits on the master schedule. Reports changes to supervisor and/or pharmacy staff.
- You will retrieve nursing reports and/or on-call messages each morning and reviews on-call printout at the daily morning meeting.
- You will coordinate subcontracted nursing agency visits as directed and approved by Nursing Manager. Follows the agency billing policy.
- You will perform timely data entry of nursing notes in to the computer system.
- You will track visit corrections from nursing variance reports as directed by the Nurse Manager. Communicates changes required to the appropriate Patient Financial Service Center representative.
- You will notify appropriate staffing with therapy changes or nursing orders.
- You will assemble and maintain patient clinical charts and files documents. Gathers information for the initial admission packets for new patients and reviews all new charts to ensure that all necessary nursing paperwork is included.
- You will track and retrieve signed POTs and nursing orders.
- You will perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum one year of medical billing, patient intake, home infusion, or related experience in coordinating activities, administrative support functions, and customer service.
- Proficiency with Microsoft business software.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.