Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Top-tier $3 billion hedge fund in Greenwich is seeking a high-level IT person to help run the daily IT operations and serve as primary IT support. Reporting directly to the director of information technology in our Manhattan office, this candidate should have a minimum of 10 years on the job experience. Must have comprehensive experience and capabilities; candidate should have solid desktop support, workstation, server, and system administration experience. Additional valued skill sets would include MCSE, CCA, CCNA, or A+ Certifications. A successful candidate must be organized, responsible and eager to learn. This position is fast paced, requires heavy hands-on and is a great opportunity to work with some of the most advanced hardware/software on the market today. Project management and documentation skills are a must. Ideal candidate should be well versed in security and help evaluate, purchase, deploy, document, and maintain all aspects of firm technology infrastructure.
- Provide desktop, server, network, firewall, connectivity and support.
- Monitor and troubleshoot circuits, VPNs, and Fat pipe load balancer.
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user rights, security, and misc. applications on Microsoft Windows Workstations and Servers.
- Monitor EMC and Network Appliance SAN networks.
- Administrate Exchange server, email compliance email archive systems.
- Administrate CA ARCServe Tape backup, Symantec Endpoint Antivirus, and CRMs like ACT and Protrak.
- Full understanding of DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory and administration.
- Proficient with Group Policies and Scripting.
- Administrate Citrix XenApp Farms, RSA Ace Server, Citrix Secure Gateway.
- Administrate network appliances: Ironport, Teneros, and Palo Alto Networks.
- Install and upgrade hardware (desktops, servers, network components, printers, accessories).
- Perform tests of all preventative procedures and processes (backups, restores, disaster recovery failover and failback, antivirus, and automatic updates).
- Respond to the needs and questions of users concerning their use and access of resources on the network.
- Voicemail and telephone support on Toshiba and Cisco VOIP systems.
- Handheld device support (iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry).
- Server and workstation maintenance at our disaster recovery data center and satellite office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
-Four year college degree or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
-Strong knowledge of Windows2003, 2008 server and desktop architecturerequired
- Microsoft Active Directory and administration is required
- Knowledge in Citrix XenApp Presentation Server is a plus
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN) a plus
- Knowledge of Exchange server administration required
- Ability to assess and react to rapid technological change
- Ability to work exceptionally well in a cross functional and team oriented environment
- Able to effectively handle daily stress levels, complexity, volume and diversity of customer and team member inquiries
- Must be able to multi-task and handle strict spur of the moment deadlines
- Must be a people person and be able to professionally deal with different personalities, both
internal and external
- Must be able to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Strong written/oral communications at all levels of business and management required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: