The VP, Financewill drive the entire finance function and help set the strategic direction of the
company. We are growing fast and need someone who can step in and lead the global
accounting function and be responsible for creating and driving accounting processes, policies,
controls, systems and reporting that ensures all controllership objectives are met in support of
the company’s business objectives. This position will report to the CEO.
The VP of Accounting and Finance will have an unwavering entrepreneurial spirit and can
handle the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing company. We are interested in
someone who has been responsible for financial decision-making and corporate strategic
planning. You will manage the company’s operating model, top-line forecasts, drive ongoing
insights about our business, and delivering financial reports to the executive team.
We're looking for a VP, Accounting and Finance who can...
- Lead, hire and develop a high performing finance team, which ensures redundancy in
training across key processes.
- Oversee all general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and fixed asset activities, ensuring
accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including year-end audit and the
preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Be responsible for all technical accounting including revenue recognition,
implementation of new standards and compliance with all relevant existing standards.
- Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics – with
a strong focus on SaaS metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and
develop/implement changes to drive improvements.
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of accounting operations including systems and
- Develop relationships with the management team to effectively execute on company
policy and process changes as well as other key company-wide initiatives.
- Lead all aspects of the month end close, financial reporting and consolidation processes.
- Support the Company’s tax consultants to oversee the preparation and filing of the
various tax returns, quarterly and annual tax provisions, and other tax projects.
- Manage annual audit process and oversee preparation of audited financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and international tax rules and regulations.
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements
throughout the accounting organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current accounting pronouncements, GAAP, and
other compliance issues.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects as required.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, minimum of 3 years must be
as an Assistant Controller/Senior Manager of Accounting, or similar position in a high-
growth technology company;software/SaaS experience strongly preferred.
- Degree in Finance or Economics
- Expert level knowledge in accounting rules and regulations and in the application of
those rules and regulations to a wide range of business activities.
- Thoroughly versed in GAAP and have a strong background in non-routine and complex
- Strong understanding of SaaS metrics and forecasting methodologies to assess ROI,
Payback Period, and efficiency monitoring.
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, and proactive problem-solving approach.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface
with all levels of management.
- Collaborative business partner, adept at building cross-functional relationships to drive