Job title IT Help Desk Technician
Position type Entry level part-time; intern
Company size 50-80 employees
Location Kent, OH (On-site)
Travel required No
Applications accepted by E-mail
About the job
Ensure effective user support, maintain hardware and software applications to manage day to day operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, installs, maintains, tests, and repairs systems and networks.
- Utilizes basic technical knowledge to support IT initiatives and provide first-level technical information systems support to the users.
- Maintains system availability of critical and non-essential business systems.
- Provides user support through onsite presence.
- Monitors support requests to determine larger-scale issues.
- Informs manager of any issue out of the scope or skill range of technician promptly.
- Creates training materials for uses to educate and inform.
- Follows company IT policies, procedures and assists users with understanding and following them.
- Performs other duties as delegated by manager.
- **MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Skills and knowledge
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company's goals and strategic priorities.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns, and recommending creative solutions.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Knowledge of: Microsoft Operating Systems; Microsoft Office Applications; Active Directory; peripherals preferred.
- Troubleshooting abilities
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds and/or standing and/or walking an average of three hours per day.
Performance will be evaluated after 90 days. Annual review in December.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
- No experience needed
- Under 1 year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location