Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Desktop Architect & Engineer, Systems
Are you passionate about innovation and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services, or ITS. We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on innovation.
Work you’ll do
The Information Technology Services (ITS) team is seeking a Desktop Architect & Engineer to support the goals of End User Technology Services relative to end user technology architecture and engineering for the Deloitte US Firms. Works on projects to architect hardware and software solutions to meet stated requirements and needs, delivering quality end user solutions with minimal impact on end users, and supporting the ongoing use of end user technologies and tools. Manages systems that deploy software, deploy imaging systems, and manage configurations and policies for desktops/laptops/VMs. Develops and tests packages, scripts, and firm imaging to install throughout the firm's software distribution system. Provides third level support for hardware, software and systems environments.
- Manages systems that deploy images/software or that manage security and policy configurations. This involves monitoring systems, modifying settings, testing changes, and upgrading as necessary.
- Prepares test plans and environments to test identified software and hardware for potential use within Deloitte environment.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of hardware and network configuration, systems and key processes, does performance, testing and verifies completion of scheduled changes.
- Performs research using vendors, interviews and written materials for new and emerging technologies for input into recommendations around potential use within Deloitte. Research and analysis is also performed in seeking possible solutions for identified issues and problems in major platform changes and functional software deployments.
- Works with other team members to develop and test firm image that is used on the majority of our 100,000 machines.
- Works with Call Center and regions/offices to provide third level support on our hardware and software environments.
- Tests packages and scripts to be distributed through the firm's software distribution system.
- Collaborates with vendors and other ITS staff to troubleshoot issues, identify platforms that meet requirements, and insure regions/offices receive required support and services to provide end users with a stable, consistent platform.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
Technology & Infrastructure
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services that meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
- Unified Communications
- Infrastructure Operations
- Office of Technology and Infrastructure
- Service Management
- Solutions Delivery
- Technology Support Services
- Visual Technology and Solutions
- Cloud Solutions Center
How you’ll grow
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an IT role with specialized knowledge and/or experience in the end user technology environment
- Experience reviewing and running software installs and system configurations, deploying software and policies, testing scripts/packages/software, supporting, troubleshooting and deployment/management systems within an end user environment.
- Experience in creation of documentation and processes and proven capabilities in technical writing
- Advanced knowledge of the Windows OS and knowledge of Mac OS
- Understanding of systems based software such as SCCM and McAfee
- Understanding of how Group Policy and Preferences work in OS environments
- Knowledge of Scripting and Packaging Languages (VB, AdminStudio, .NET, PowerShell), Network Protocols and Concepts
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.