To perform a wide variety of landscape maintenance functions related to the daily performance of contracted services. This includes communication with the customer, planning and scheduling the services to be performed, and working alongside general laborer to complete tasks. The OPS manager is also responsible for safety training, equipment maintenance, payroll reporting, completion of all services, gross margins, and reporting progress to the Account Manager. Additional service may be required upon request of the Account Manager or Branch Manager. Responsible for managing a portfolio of commercial landscape maintenance accounts for regular maintenance, water management, seasonal color, chemical and all aspects of landscape. Responsible for field quality control. Assists in training and advancement of crew members and leaders.
- Employee must be at least 18 years of age for general landscaping responsibilities and to operate power equipment, and meet all applicable state-mandated labor laws
- Twelve (12) months of previous commercial experience as a crew leader, preferred but not required
- Technical skills in all areas of landscape maintenance such as mowing, trimming, pruning, edging, etc.
- Irrigation, tree trimming and chemical knowledge.
- Organizational skills that lead to an expert and timely completion of work by crews.
- Procedures required for the proper maintenance of trucks and equipment.
- General industry safety guidelines.
- This position is in environments that involve safety hazard regulated by such governmental agencies such as OSHA, EPA, Dept. of Transportation, and the State Chemist Office. In addition, this position needs to be knowledgeable on the regulations to help reduce the exposure of our sales staff giving incorrect information on our services, as well as exposure to all of the safety hazards.
- Regulations specific to your region.
- Accurately and consistently complete all required paperwork.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills with ability to manage employees
- Demonstrate strong initiative with ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Demonstrate strong administrative paperwork and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to interact with customers as necessary
- Forecast labor, materials and equipment needs
- Adhere to and enforce all company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Work with other employees as a team.
- Meet or exceed company production rates set forth.
- Effectively drive and back-up a truck and trailer combination.
- Identify and correct all unsafe conditions and practices and communicate actions to supervisor and/or owners.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body in order to be able to work in various positions including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, squatting and walking for extended periods of time
- Be able to reach over head with hands and arms; climb or balance.
- Be able to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain physical fitness level necessary to complete assigned job tasks.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions , including but not limited to extreme heat and cold
- Weekend or overtime hours as necessary.
- Odd hours are a necessity during inclement weather seasons, if applicable.
- Combination of office, shop, and field time, where this position is exposed to all of the elements. This includes all four weather seasons and all times of the day and night.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment will vary depending on the assigned jobs, however, it is usually high and requires ear protection while operating equipment.
Dow near Midland,MI
This employer participates in E-Verify. Mainscape, Inc will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Mainscape, Inc is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.