Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic / Technician
Department: Production Maintenance
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor / Director of Maintenance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Maintenance Mechanic for our manufacturing facility to maintain, fixes, and improve equipment used in our packaging operations.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Plan, lead and execute preventative maintenance (PM) according to PM schedule to minimize equipment downtime.
- Complete reactive maintenance on production lines to recover from equipment failures by repairing, electrical, mechanical and structural components
- Create retrofits mechanical and fabrication, complete machine tear down/repair and assembly
- Be able to troubleshoot PLCs, VFDs, and electric motors
- Conduct creative problem solving to identify and perform equipment improvements
- Coach operators and peers on basic maintenance and equipment settings
- Participate in special project work on equipment upgrades or installations
- Work with team members and operators to ensure the daily production schedule is met
- Maintain partnerships with team members and vendors using effective communication
- May perform general labor duties as assigned
- May perform other duties as assigned
Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Follow all relevant food safety rules including SQF, cGMPs, and Food Defense.
- Report any observed food safety violations to your Supervisor immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- United States (Preferred)