''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Flint Hills Resources is currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager
to be a shared resource for our Shell Rock & Fairbank, IA
plants. Successful candidates will have safety & health experience with strong emphasis in core safe work practices that apply to industrial ethanol, refining, petrochemical or industrial facilities. This role will be part of the site leadership teams at both Shell Rock and Fairbank, troubleshoot and problem solve as a member of cross-functioning teams, and will be looked to for helping the operation leaders set the tone for the site’s safety culture.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
What You Will Need:
- Provide expertise and leadership in the anticipation, recognition, and evaluation of safety related issues.
- Work closely with operations to identify risks and develop/implement risk mitigations.
- Serve as the technical expert for executing Safe Work Practices (complex energy control, confined space, hot work, and safe work permitting).
- Serve as the primary records owner/custodian for Health and Safety related documentation.
- Develop and manage Health and Safety metrics.
- Provide oversight of the site's PSM program and own certain elements of that program.
- Help the site maintain safety procedures and facilitate the site's safety program.
- Monitor and audit field related activities to help front line operators understand and implement the business safety programs.
- Work safety audit action item to closure.
- Provide field health and safety support to plant operations and projects personnel, including the coordination of on-site Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health programs.
- Lead and/or participate on safety and health related training.
- Facilitate incident investigations.
- Support environmental activities such as Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR), waste management, spill response, regulatory reporting and storm water management.
- Pursue opportunities to participate with cross company groups to develop compliance strategies as well as provide safety and health regulatory support at each of FHR's Renewable Fuels Facilities.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years’ experience in a Health and Safety focused role or 5+ years Operations experience in ethanol, petrochemical or refinery that included safe work practice responsibilities
- Ability to work different shifts based on project needs
- Travel between Shell Rock and Fairbank facilities and occasional travel between our other locations
- High School Degree or GED
- Current & Valid Government Driver’s License
- 8+ years’ experience in a Health & Safety focused role
- Experience implementing standards/procedures/training
- Certified Safety Professional
- Ethanol, petrochemical/refinery EHS experience
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in Engineering and/or Health & Safety field
- Work experience that demonstrates a high level of organizational skills as well as attention to detail
Want to learn more about Flint Hills Resources?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.