Regional Solutions & Services Americas
United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Education Required Level:
Associate's Degree / College Diploma
This position is responsible for all project management, engineering and specialist (installation/start-up) duties on assigned projects. As needed this position may be assigned as part of a larger project team with selected duties at the direction of the project manager. Design components of the position include all aspects of building automation systems using company tools and industry protocols. This position requires work to be completed in both office and field locations.
- Executes projects from inception to close. Performs all duties as PM, Engineer and Specialist.
- Adheres to all Siemens project management standards according to project category.
- Performs start-up and installation tasks on Siemens controllers and equipment as needed.
- Field installs and troubleshoots all aspects of building control system.
- Oversees electrical installations of engineering designs.
- Coordinates all aspects of projects with all stakeholders.
- Fully responsible financially for project outcomes.
- Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
- Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
- Prepares required engineering packages (drawings, schedules, databases, programs, etc.) and schedules subsequent hand-off to field operations team.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Generates DDC point database on all projects. Generates code for equipment as required.
- Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and System Specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
- Creates or oversees the creation of system graphics.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Performs engineering estimates and deviations from plan when necessary.
- Participates in job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or vocational technical training required.
- 2-5 Years of HVAC controls experience. Education may be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Office Software required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in mechanical, electrical or systems engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years engineering or installation experience in systems / controls / mechanical / electrical or other related experience preferred.
- Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDT/CT, Navigator, and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of HVAC, Chillers, Boilers, Heat Exchangers and other mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical systems
- Knowledge of networking protocols both industrial and commercial.
- Knowledge or programming techniques in an industrial setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.