$300 HIRING BONUS FOR JOINING OUR TEAM!
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
- A competitive rate of pay of $23.25 per hour
- A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
- A 50% off Hudson Food & Beverage Discount
- Parking and Transit reimbursement
- DailyPay gives you everyday access to your money as you earn it.
- A one-time $300 hiring bonus (Hiring Bonuses are taxable income and will be paid out in two increments: the first payment is provided after succethe ssful completion of 30 days and the second, final payment is provided upon completion of 90 days. Employees must be active at the time of each payment).
This Book Operations Supervisor Job Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
Assisting the manager with managing book associates and the daily book operations in our bookstores and travel convenience stores while providing an amazing customer service experience to our customers.
Your Team is counting on you as a Book Operations Supervisor to:
- Work any shift, any day of the week,
- including weekends & holidays work a full-time schedule
- Oversee Booksellers in bookstores
Book Operations Supervisor Key Accountabilities:
- Provide excellent customer service by locating books, suggesting similar authors or titles, and putting the book in the customer's hands.
- Executes weekly change-out in bookstores and travel convenience stores including placing reorders and ensuring promotional titles have signage and are stickered.
- Assists in maintaining book & sideline inventory, displays, & inventory accuracy (including ordering, returns, section management, and creative merchandising).
- Ensures backlist sections are maintained, curated, and organized.
- Stays knowledgeable about Hudson bookselling programs and promotions.
- Assists with compliance missions.
- Provides bookseller training.
- Actively uses Beekeeper to promote bookstore signings, sales and events.
- Conducts store opening/closing/ shift change procedures.
- May perform cash register preparation, float verifications, spot checks, verification of end-of-shift cash
- reconciliations, void processing, and deposits
- Ensures that all staff tardiness and absences are reported to management.
- Ensures that booksellers are assigned daily duties and are aware of sales targets.
- Maintains an ever-vigilant theft and shoplifting awareness and enforces cash register and other policies controlling internal shrink.
- Previous bookselling experience preferred.
- Ability to manage, consult, and help plan daily activities with Book Operations Manager, General Manager, and other Supervisors
- Approachable and interactive leadership qualities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One or more years of retail supervisory experience
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
- Health & Well-Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
"Depending on the location of the position, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada for any employer."
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.