Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Tax Analyst, US Direct Tax located in Titusville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Supports the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns with particular focus on determination and calculation of tax. Prepare and reviews federal, state, and local tax records. Prepares government tax return reporting packages for assigned companies. Calculates moderately complex financial statement for tax reporting in accordance with government regulations. Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual taxes for government tax returns and incentive opportunities. Performs tax research, analysis and planning to minimize tax liability as well as identifying tax savings opportunities. Assists with tax audits by gathering the data and developing responses to the inquiries. Participates in various special projects as assigned.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with indirect tax team and business partners to conducts risk analyses using Key Performance Indicators; identifies and communicates key risks; evaluates the financial impact of different what-if scenarios; recommends appropriate actions related to procurement, finance and indirect tax systems; Applies knowledge of systems and indirect tax processes to identify unmet needs
- Ensure that standard activities are aligned and updated within Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Desktop Procedures; Applies Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements within scope of responsibilities
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of indirect audit processes, requirements and compliance principles and obtains relevant data to answer audit inquiries in a timely manner; Becomes familiar with organizational structure, business, and relevant indirect tax laws
- Supports the accurate recording of financial transactions (reclass, adjusting, accruals, inter-company, etc.); gathers and maintains supporting documentation; supports the evaluation of accounts for legitimacy and balance substantiation; supports the reconciliation process; investigates items and reviews with management variances that require further discussion; supports accurate and timely financial submissions
- Resolves vendor and / or customer indirect tax issues, such as credit and rebills, assignment of rights, etc.
- Uses available resources to assess and maintain basic indirect tax determinations and Functional Audits relevant to assigned role
- Perform other work related duties as assigned and ad hoc.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years prior work experience in tax is required.
- A firm understanding of financial accounting practices required.
- A strong communication (verbal and written), time management, team-oriented and prioritization skills required.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- A CPA, CMA, JD, MBA, Masters of Tax or other certifications are preferred.
- Proficiency in Vertex O / Q, OneSource (Audit Manager, FTCA, Withholding), InfoLease, TTR, JDE, SAP, Six Sigma (Process Excellence) preferred.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)