Installs department computer hardware and software programs. Performs preventive maintenance tasks, troubleshoots, repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment. Assists in some networking functions; provides support in day-to-day operations of local area networks. Provides data entry support and database management for the department. Works with other departments to solve networking and application issues that affect the users. This position will commit to fostering an environment of heightened security following Information Technology Security Policies and participating in security training, such as Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), on an annual basis.
This position is under general supervision, coordinates administrative and logistical support, at the school level, for the physical plant and other associated School of Nursing (SON) space for day-to-day general operation. This individual will be responsible for technology support in employee offices, classrooms, and lab support areas, facilities support and coordination with UAB services to ensure the proper room set-ups, event support, and the building operation and maintenance of the physical plant and/or assigned responsibility areas are met. This position has a direct report to the Director of Facilities with a secondary report to the Executive Director of Administrative Operations and works with other administrators across the SON to provide for building readiness at all times.
1. Installs department computer hardware and software programs.
2. Performs preventive maintenance tasks, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment.
3. Assist faculty, staff, and students in the operation of various pieces of computer, simulation and audiovisual equipment. Ensure the proper functionality of all SON equipment including minor troubleshooting and simple preventative maintenance.
4. Facilitate the arrangement and movement of furnishings in classrooms and common areas when requested. Must be able to lift 50 pounds in order to efficiently move tables, chairs, equipment, etc. when needed.
5. Assist with opening/closure of the SON each day and ensures the security of all spaces managed by the SON.
6. Assist with the scheduling of SON classrooms, conference rooms, and simulation lab space.
7. May support/work with the Director of Facilities to ensure all aspects of employee moves and office changes are managed and documented appropriately.
8. May support/work with the Audiovisual Specialist to monitor and maintain in operational condition, computer, video, simulation, and audiovisual equipment and media under the management of the SON.
9. May support/work with the Audiovisual Specialist with the daily inspection and testing of all equipment in classrooms and learning space to ensure proper functionality and connectivity.
10. May support/work with the Facilities Coordinator to manage inventory for SON equipment and warehouse space. This includes purchasing new equipment and disposing of other equipment through the proper UAB channels.
11. Assist in maintaining security of all materials and equipment used in spaces supported by the SON.
12. Track and report building issues and concerns in all spaces supported by SON, beyond scope of this role, immediately to the appropriate entities/individuals for intervention. Follow-up on all issues to ensure action and resolution and communication regarding the outcomes.
13. Perform other related duties as directed to support the mission of the School of Nursing.
($14.84 - $23.36)
Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related field required OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience five (5) years of support experience preferred .
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal, detail-oriented, organizational and communication skills. Must be able to independently problem-solve and provide solutions. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access software programs. Additionally, the individual in this role must be able to multi-task, managing multiple projects simultaneously with a great degree of accuracy in a customer-friendly and timely manner. This individual must adhere to all FERPA and HIPAA standards and be willing to contribute and subscribe to the mission of the School of Nursing at The University of Alabama at Birmingham to include the Enterprise Code of Conduct.
Primary Location University
Job Category Information Technology
Organization 340000000 School of Nursing Dean's Office
Employee Status Regular
Shift Day/1st Shift