Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through other engineering personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide correct drawings and bills of materials to manufacturing in a timely fashion on sales orders.
· Provide correct drawings and manuals to the end customer in a timely fashion on sales orders.
· Provide technical assistance to sales to help sell more machinery.
· Provide technical assistance to manufacturing to insure on time delivery within the cost estimate.
· Provide technical assistance to customer service to answer customer related problems.
· Provide technical assistance to end customers installing and starting up our machinery.
· Refine existing designs to reduce cost and improve performance.
· Incorporate assembly and field requested improvements in a prompt fashion.
· Control engineering costs within the projected budget.
· Follow all ISO 9001 procedures and work instructions and participate in Q100 quality efforts.
No direct reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must have experience in designing custom machines specifically for large capital projects. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hydraulic and electrical design experience are a plus,
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret mechanical drawings, quotations, commercial contracts, and other technical correspondence. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, suppliers, and fellow employees. Ability to write transmittal letters, engineering bills of materials, trip reports, and general correspondence. Ability to verbally negotiate scope of supply, price, and delivery terms.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as strength of materials calculation, thermodynamics calculations, heat transfer calculations, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to understand and use AutoCad (Solid Works) design software and computer software for word processing, spreadsheets, project management, databases, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Professional Engineer Registration is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Experience in designing custom machines for large capital projects
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place