The Summer Classics Vice President of Sales for Contract is responsible for developing and deploying a world class selling organization that achieves
continuous aggressive growth in pool & patio, indoor furniture, and catalog channels through a combination of exclusive employee and independent multi-line representatives. The position plays a highly visible role in developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts and spends an average of 2-3 days a week in the field with selling personnel and customers. The position also provides guidance to Corporate Product Development and designs programs to drive revenue growth. This position works directly with the Summer Classics Commercial Sales (SCCS) channel, but also partners with the other channel leaders to create a consistent customer experience.
Essential Job Duties
1. Develops a SCCS Sales Plan and a complete bottom up reconciliation with each selling employee and independent representative.
2. Submits formal quarterly reports and updates which include metrics for measuring continuing improvements in the functionality of all key areas of responsibility.
3. Recruits, develops and trains sales force; Creates and manages a sales productivity program for the selling personnel.
4. Orchestrates all selling-related events.
5. Develops the distribution strategies and builds coverage in undeserved markets.
6. Provides input on product, pricing, promotion and competition to the marketing team.
7. Builds and cascades VTO for areas of responsibility.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains the Core Values and Purpose of the business;
- Drafts the SCCS strategic revenue plan and budget;
- Continually improves the effective share versus competitors;
- Becomes a “known” and respected personality in the outdoor industry;
- Monitors a total business progress and taking corrective action;
- Optimizes the relationships of the business with its customers;
- Any other duties as assigned by Executive Vice President of Business Development.
- Sales growth (positioning for future growth and accuracy of plan)
- Demonstrated sales leadership (based on staff feedback)
- Develop top talent with turnover less than 15%
- Year over year improvement of major sales events
- New account growth outpaces lost accounts
- Generate sales leads that develop into new
customers that support the brand
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum four-year bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university; MBA or Masters preferred;
- Ten plus years’ experience in sales or marketing, preferably in high end furniture, apparel or other home furnishing or luxury goods sold through own stores, employee sales force, independent reps, independent distribution and internet industry with at least five years at the senior level;
- Strong professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fascinated and current on contemporary elements of the marketing mix and how they work together in a high-end product sales environment;
- Knowledge of and experience with structuring sales goals and revenue expectations; · Strong willingness to serve the customer and sell to their needs which includes the ability to understand product thoroughly and foster the development of new products to client specifications
within set price points;
- Demonstrated sales track record with high ratio of closing conversions;
- Demonstrated ability to become a known and respected personality in our industry.