Stepping Stones to Success Instructor
This is a part-time position consisting of 20 hours per week.
The goal of the SSTS instructor position is to teach reading, English composition & grammar, math, computer, GED, and employability/workforce preparation skills to Stanford staff for the purposes of enhanced employment, or post-secondary training. A bachelor's degree is required, a master’s degree preferred.
The instructor will be responsible to provide instruction when required to adult participants in the SSTS, Workplace Education & Life Skills program.
Essential Job Function:
1. Teach science, math, language arts, social studies based courses to adult education working towards obtaining their GED (General Education Diploma)
2. Teach computer skills, English courses from general basic English to College Preparation English, and math remedial courses
3. Monitor participants’ needs in order to remediate educational deficiencies
4. Maintain the required progress documentation
5. Keep attendance records and progress reports
6. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis
7. Maintain records portfolios and student progress reports
8. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate maturity and interest of the students
9. Coordinate with program coordinator to promote effective instructional program goals
10. Perform other duties as assigned by SSTS Program Director.
· Have a Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree
· Good computer skills
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not necessary
· Experience in teaching and/or working with adult learners
· Demonstrate knowledge of various High School course content and ability to deliver that content to a variety of learners
· Have knowledge of Adult Student Learners and their needs
· Ability to work cooperatively with others
· Strong communication skills
· Be flexible to teach at more than one location
· Energy and enthusiasm
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly