Working for a medium size engineering firm that provides control systems integration you will take responsibility for the requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup, commissioning and plan and coordinate technical design and engineering implementation of project work.
You will be responsible for the hands-on execution of projects related to our clients’ real-time data monitoring tools for the Life Sciences industry. The PI Application Engineer will also provide support and enhancement for previously deployed PI tools.
- Serve as an expert on PI System applications through installation, design, implementation, and support.
- Design, build, test, troubleshoot and debug new and existing PI and SharePoint based tools.
- Identify and develop technology and process improvements to PI/AF configuration, data maintenance, and general usage.
- Commissioning of new PI systems and configuration of the AF database.
- Provide troubleshooting of end-user technical problems with PI tools.
- Prepare and maintain end user and administrative documentation and knowledge base for PI technologies and tools used by our clients.
- Function as the PI System Administrator.
- BS Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with control systems including Delta V DCS, Rockwell PLCs
- 3+ years of experience with ASP.NET, C# .Net, C++ languages
- 3+ years of experience with PI, ProcessBook, DataLink, AF (PI Analysis Framework), PI web parts
- Experience with PI-SDK, PI-AF, PI-Batch, rtReports, Coresight
- Experience with various types of OPC technologies and PI interfaces
- Understanding of SQL and general database concepts
- Good interpersonal skills and solid communication
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint 2010
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry is required