Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.
Posting Title ERP Programmer Analyst II
Department SYS-IT Shared Services-925000
Job Location Denton
Full Time/Part Time Full-Time
Salary Information 59700.00
Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS) is a component of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
Performs complex (journey-level) computer programming work in the ERP client/server enterprise application. Work involves assisting in the planning, scheduling, and assigning of ERP programming projects; coordinating programming projects; analyzing proposed ERP applications; preparing and developing programs; and providing technical assistance. May train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in computing or information systems and four years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing, including system analysis and design, and computer programming techniques.
- Strong skill in writing programs for computer applications.
- Strong skill in analyzing and solving complex data processing and computing problems.
- Ability to coordinate a work team and train lower level programmers and analysts for specific tasks or assignments.
- Ability to communicate technical and other information to a variety of stakeholders.
Prior Peoplesoft experience preferred.
Required License / Registration / Certification
Generally 8am – 5pm
Driving University Vehicle No
Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Classification Title ERP Programmer Analyst II
Physical Requirements Sitting
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Determine system performance standards.
- Meet with functional customers, analyze software applications requirements and make recommendations to customers for solutions, with minimal supervision.
- Periodically assist the Team Lead in the daily activities of the team by doing supervisory and project management work as specifically assigned by the Team Lead.
Posting Number S1161P
Position End Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants