Job no: 494844
Full Time Regular
Banking, Leadership, Sales
Oversees and manages the commercial banking team to include portfolio management, new and existing relationships, and products and services. Oversees loan portfolios to ensure growth, proper risk management and compliance with appropriate regulations, laws and bank policies. Coordinates with other Mutual of Omaha Bank partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees and manages the banking products and services provided to new and existing banking customers to include commercial loans, investments, credits and capital, market products and services. Ensures portfolio growth, proper risk management in compliance with the appropriate regulations, laws, and bank policies.
- Manages a smaller but profitable, complex commercial banking account relationship. Identifies opportunities to actively cross-sell all banking products and services as appropriate. Facilitates presentations to prospecting customers and company principals. Participates in and presents creative solutions to meet their needs.
- Develops and implements sales and service strategies, objectives, and measures to maximize profitability of individual and team portfolios.
- Oversees the management of and assist with new and existing account relationships by providing financial advice, determining commercial loan and deposit needs, and ensuring appropriate banking products and services are provided for profitable growth of the account.
- Structures and negotiates complex and larger volume loans and/or agreements to ensure adherence with banking policies and guidelines. Make presentations to loan committee or other approving officer, and oversee the documentation and closing process.
- Manages the review and monitoring of the credit quality of new and existing accounts to ensure that credit facilities are properly risk-rated and that the Bank responds to the risk in an appropriate and timely manner. Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations to ensure high quality of the account portfolio.
- Develops new business relationships by representing the Company through being active in the community, building and maintaining a network, participating in trade associations and non-profit organizations, and coordinating with other Mutual of Omaha Bank business partners.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers needs.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in Commercial Banking loans, deposits, lending techniques and practices
- Thorough knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to commercial banking
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Strong business development, relationship management and lead generation skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and formulate sound business decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to teach or foster development in others
- Demonstrated success in building and leading an effective, productive team
- Ability to make others comply in fair, equitable, non-punishing fashion
- Ability to manage risk for individual and team portfolios and/or of higher level of complexity
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Confidentiality Agreement and Non-Solicitation of Employee and Customers
- 7 or more years of commercial and/or banking experience; management experience preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Jun 20, 2018 09:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time