When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
Want to be part of a finance team where every day is unique and exciting? Are you ready to analyze a diverse set of products that really make a difference? If so, then UTC Aerospace Systems is the place for you! By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to support thousands of aerospace, defense and space systems across more than 150 sites in 26 countries. Additionally, as UTC Aerospace Systems is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (Fortune 50), it operates as its own business with its own reporting structure, financial dashboards, and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a mission that truly makes a difference to modern flight and space advancements, then this team is right for you!
- Manage various operations related analyses for the Regional & Business Jet programs portfolio.
- Preparation, oversight, and review of operations related monthly performance and forecasts, annual business plans, overhead budgets and LE (Latest Estimate) updates
- Consolidate and analyze manufacturing shop metrics versus forecasts to summarize results and identify go-forward recommendations for management
- Travel to manufacturing sites in Foley, Mexicali, and Riverside to optimize operational metrics and attend Cost Reduction and Lean/Continuous Improvement events
- Support shipped unit cost (cost of sales) reduction initiatives through collaboration with program operations, engineering, and supply chain functions
- Manage nacelle bill of material and understand material cost per part at the sub-component level
- Provide shipped unit cost and inventory reporting in support of high visibility management reporting such as PDPR reviews, working capital meetings, Cost Summit and OMM reviews
- Support supplier and/or customer negotiations with cost and pricing analyses as well as assess recurring cost impacts on supplier contracts
- Partner with the program and senior leadership in support of long-term financial strategy by constructing and analyzing financial models for various projects
- Formulate and lead process and system improvements through Continuous Improvement events, introducing new methods and approaches, establishing best practices and managing Standard Work
- May be asked to lead a project team or multiple smaller project teams or lead a functional team or unit in the area of expertise
- Support ad hoc requests from internal and external customers. Interact with and support internal/external auditors as needed
- Knowledge of SAP system or other ERP system with experience
- Strong presentation skills and ability to explain financial and/or program complexities to management
- Ability to lead a team and manage the successful completion of tasks to meet deadlines and milestones in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all staffing levels of the company
- Must possess strong problem solving and business writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, and PP) required
- Experience with the SAP Business Intelligence suite (Business Objects, BEx Query Designer) is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in finance, accounting or related field with 4-7 years related experience is required
- Masters Degree with 2-4 years related experience is preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.