Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Responsible for patient care and related activities, unit operations and staff functions. Collaborates in strategic planning with management to support organizational goals and initiatives. Accountable for providing clinical and administrative supervision and leadership, department performance improvement, and the educational and development needs of the unit staff.
1. Directs patient care activities including development of standards of care & unit function in the clinical specialty. Ensures that the highest level of clinical practice is maintained to deliver safe, effective & appropriate patient care.
2. Accountable for unit operations on a continuous 24/7 basis.
3. Responsible for hiring, coaching, evaluating and counseling employees. Provides disciplinary action as appropriate. Mentors staff in the acquisition of leadership skills.
4. Develops unit goals and objectives in alignment with the organization mission & goals. Collaborates with the management team in the strategic planning process to support organizational initiatives.
5. Evaluates patient satisfaction and implements improvement interventions as necessary.
6. Develops, monitors and evaluates budgetary plan. Administers & monitors operating & capital budgets.
7. Fosters performance improvement philosophy and practices. Identifies, monitors & evaluates improvement processes & reports outcomes.
8. Develops staffing plan for annual budget. Responsible for evaluating staffing needs and ensuring equitable use of resources. Maintains productivity measures.
9. Evaluates recruitment, retention, & recognition of staff. Implements improvement initiatives as indicated. Monitors vacancy, turnover, climate survey results, and nursing & service line sources for trends & issues.
10. Responsible for cooperative programs with other departments that support the corporate goals and objectives.
11. Establishes, with medical director and other disciplines, appropriate interdisciplinary model of care for unit(s).
12. Represents management at appropriate step of the union and non-union grievance procedures.
13. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Further coursework in strategic leadership and management skills.
Certified in Specialty Area or Administration. Masters in healthcare administration preferred.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
This is a Monday-Friday 8-4:30 exempt position
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.