With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world's leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Supported by $298 million from investors including Daimler, Siemens, Linse Capital, Rho Capital Partners, BMW i Ventures and Braemar Energy Ventures, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
ChargePoint is seeking an experienced Product Manager for electric vehicle charging stations for public and semi-public applications including Public Parking Workplace, Retail, Hospitality and other venues.
Director, Product Management
What You Will Be Doing
+Serve as primary product expert and evangelist.
+Lead product design, development and release process for assigned products and maintain the product development road map.
+Support operations in planning production, safety stock, sales targets and transitions from inception to end-of-life.
+Maintain installed base and current products, prioritizing sustaining activities, upgrades, running changes, and special SKUs.
+Coordinate the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from portfolio directors, customers and prospects.
+Create detailed use cases, business requirements, support requirements and marketing requirements.
+Support marketing, sales and support through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos.
+Document answers to customer technical questions that cannot be answered by sales staff or product support specialists using existing documentation.
+Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
+Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements to program managers. Participate in product performance bench-marking activities.
+Perform product demonstrations at trade shows, online seminars, and other events.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- A minimum of five years of experience in product management of credit card payment terminals requiring hardware, software, networking, NFC, RFID and firmware.
- Led programs from inception to launch including industrial design and user experience development and testing.
- Experience from cradle to grave and developing programs with engineering, ID, OPS, Mfg., ODMs, packaging, sustaining, inventory mgmt., cost reductions, regulatory and standards.
- Excellent track record in delivering global products and understanding of local and regional differences.
- Appropriate technical acumen to be able to understand and communicate requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels.
- Excellent cross- functional team player.
- BS EE, ME or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to travel to regions to understand market requirements and support our regional teams.
- Passionate about ChargePoint and our mission.