Primary responsibility will be to plan and execute information technology audits on a global basis as well as complete special projects as needs arise. Will provide primary oversight of third parties contracted to perform the detailed audit steps.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Manage audit teams and document audit activities in accordance with professional standards and related regulatory requirements. Manage day to day performance and oversight of the audit while performing detailed audit procedures as demanded by the projects. Draft and deliver the audit/review reports to senior management. (30%)
Lead projects which require working with operating management and audit staff/management to facilitate open communication, issue resolution and delivery of quality audit services. Establish positive working relationships with audit customers and stakeholders to provide value added audit services while maintaining independence and objectivity. (20%)
Lead team in assessing risk, setting project scope, designing and executing audit testing, and identifying Information Technology general control and/or application control issues, particularly in the areas of access and segregation of duties. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including major technology applications and/or infrastructure components, utilization of technology, products, organizational activities and systems. Develop superior knowledge about Zimmer’s businesses, its significant risks and the industry in general. (25%)
Design and develop moderately complex to complex computer-assisted data extraction routines (such as using ACL softwares) and analyze data requirements to support technical components of detailed audit testing, as needed. Lead technical conversations with audit clients to ensure data requirements meet the needs of the audit. Facilitate technology usage such as using automated software, adopting computer assisted audit techniques, and leveraging statistical sampling applications aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness of the Internal Audit department. (20%)
Prepare and deliver assignment and periodic performance evaluations to assigned team members within department standards. Facilitate career development of self and audit team members, as needed. (5%)
Expected Areas of Competence
- Must have demonstrated outstanding communication skills (written and verbal), strong analytical skills, excellent organizational skills, superb interpersonal skills, teamwork, sound problem identification/solving skills, be detail oriented, and have overall solid business and financial acumen in a global organization.
- Must have demonstrated ability to function at varied levels including “hands-on” detail work and higher level strategic thinking along with the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management.
- Must have broad knowledge of both risk/control and technologies, including the technical infrastructure and architecture of computer systems, as well as exposure to a variety of platforms, such as operating systems, networks, databases and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, such as SAP and JDE. Must have sound knowledge of the IT controls and their implementation into technologies such as SAP GRC, Approva, and etc.
- A college degree in Accounting or Finance with 6+ years related work experience, or equivalent. “Big Four” firm preferred.
- Experience with IT systems implementation and/or management and data conversion experience related to system conversion is desired.
- IT audit experience on both general controls and application controls in the context of Sarbanes-Oxley is desired. Experience with SAP ERP packages is also required. SAP GRC, J.D. Edwards, or Approva experience is desirable.
A professional audit certification such as a CISA or Certifications on ISO, CobiT, ITIL, CISSP, CIA, or CPA are a plus.
Up to 25%. Candidate must be able to travel internationally.
Role can be located in Warsaw, IN or out of another office in Westminster, Colorado, Stamford, Connecticut, Parsippany, NJ or Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Role can also be a remote working arrangement ( out of Chicago, Indianapolis or Detroit) with periodic travel to Warsaw, IN.