PYA is seeking qualified candidates to join our growing team of public accountants. The Tax Senior in our Tampa office will have a focus in tax and advisory services and will serve as a trusted business advisor. As a member of our talented team, the successful candidate will serve as a cohesive team member who consistently demonstrates high integrity and reliability within a professional environment. For more information, please visit www.pyapc.com.
- Prepare and review income tax returns for C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and individuals
- Lead and supervise the activities of staff and intern accountants who compile and review financial statements and prepare tax returns for clients
- Prepare and review form 1099’s and personal property tax returns
- Calculate shareholder buy-in and buy-out amounts and physician compensation allocations
- Assist in tax planning and providing business advice and retirement plan administration for clients
- Identify potential tax problem areas and propose solutions to management team
- Compile and review clients’ financial statements and management reports
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and use of current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of service
- Develop and maintain a good work relationship with clients
- Assist with other accounting projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification or pursuit of CPA required
- 3+ years of tax and accounting experience, preferably with a public accounting firm
- Exhibit an ability to apply tax and accounting knowledge
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Client-oriented work ethic, delivering high quality results
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Experience with QuickBooks, Creative Solutions and ProSystem fx desired
- Entrepreneurial and dynamic advisory firm
- Privately owned
- Short path to partner - high growth potential with opportunities for upward advancement
- Offers quality of life
- Providing consulting and taxes services to our clients for 30+ years
- National presence, clients in all 50 states
- Regular exposure and access to the Principals of the Firm
For over three decades, PYA (Pershing Yoakley & Associates, P.C.), a national professional services firm providing management consulting and accounting, has helped its clients navigate and derive value amid complex challenges related to regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, governance, business valuations and fair market value assessments, multi-unit business and clinical integrations, best practices, tax and assurance, business analysis, and operations optimization.
PYA’s steadfast commitment to an unwavering client-centric culture has served the firm’s clients well. PYA consistently is ranked among the Top 20 healthcare consulting firms in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare. PYA is also ranked by INSIDE Public Accounting as a member of its “Top 100” Largest Accounting Firms. . PYA affiliate companies offer clients world-class data analytics, professional real estate development and advisory resources, comprehensive claims audits for self-insured Fortune 500 companies, wealth management and retirement plan administration, and business transitions consulting.
PYA assists clients in all 50 states from offices in Atlanta, Kansas City, Knoxville, Nashville, and Tampa. For more information, please visit http://www.pyapc.com.