\* Must be willing to relocate to the Charleston, WV area \*
Underwater Services, LTD offers a wide variety of services to include, foreign object removal. turbine inspection, marine construction, pipeline installation and inspection, hazardous materials/contaminated diving, underwater inspections, underwater welding, video inspection, pipe inspection, explosion proof cameras.
Air Mixed Gas Commercial Diver Diploma
Must have high school diploma or equivalent
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Must have a valid driver license
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check
Must be able to pass a pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug screens
Possess a Current Dive Physical (or be able to recertify)
Divers will conduct plant maintenance to include inspections, repairs, and replacements.
Divers will conduct pump house maintenance.
Divers will inspect, repair, and replace intake screens as required.
Divers will conduct desilting and debris removal.
Divers will be required to do confined space entry and repairs such as pipes and tunnels.
Divers will conduct fabrication repairs and replacements.
Divers will conduct video inspections and smoke testing.
Divers will conduct river crossing inspections and repairs.
Position requires standing, walking and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
While performing the job, Divers will be required to swim, lift, carry, pull, push, reach, squat, kneel, grasp and or climb ladders or stairs.
Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, and heights.
Other requirements include mental, physical, and manual dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perception and any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform the job safely according to all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations, and requirements.
This position requires the ability to wear the following personal protective equipment and/or safety equipment to include Commercial Diving gear, wet suit, safety glasses, face shield, goggles, earmuffs or plugs, steel toed boots, hard hat, full body harness with applicable fall protection devices, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).
Education and Certification (Current or Can Obtain thru Employer)
- First-Aid, Oxygen, CPR certification or the ability to obtain.
- Underwater Visual Testing Level 1 CDA Certification.
- Underwater ultrasonic testing thickness levels 1-2 certification.
- Underwater magnetic particle inspection Levels 1-2 certification.
- Technical Entry level underwater welding CDA certification.
- Technical entry level underwater burning CDA certification
- Technical Hazwoper CDA certification.
- NCCER core curriculum credentials
- NCCER Basic Rigger credentials
- OSHA 10-hour certification
- NASE Worldwide CPR/First Aid, AED, O2, Bloodborne Pathogens.
- CDA Tech Certification of 24-hour Commercial Diving Ops and Night Dive.
- Must have a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Are you willing to relocate to the Charleston, WV area?
- Construction & Extraction Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Air Mixed Gas Commercial Diver Diploma (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations