Under the supervision of the program manager, the PM is responsible for organizing and leading teams to support overall manufacturing facility and business operations. The PM is responsible for project management aspects of projects in support of the site’s strategic goals and objectives. The PM shall be a resource in the development and execution of project / program plans (in collaboration with team leaders) and manage each project team to successfully complete tasks on-time. The PM is responsible for recognizing and managing a project’s mission, deliverables, resources, key participants (internal and external), deadlines, gaps and risks. PM must be able to show proficiency in a wide range of project management skills, including maintenance of complex and conflicting schedules and timelines. PM is to keep the site head informed of the status of each project’s deliverables, schedules, quality and deficiencies.
The position will be based in the Danvers, Massachusetts facility supporting the Mobius Single Use manufacturing operation. The following are the key tasks for the Project Manager.
- Support teams in creating project plans for all Danvers Mobius operations
- While executing tasks consider impact in all areas to safety, quality & environment.
- Develop and manage complex and conflicting schedules and planning tools for multiple departments using Microsoft Office software, such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, and others
- Independently analyze interdepartmental activities in relation to the project scope (deliverables), schedule, budget, and quality to identify risks contingencies and alternatives.
- Maintain project focus while being flexible and accommodate the needs of a dynamic business where priorities may change quickly
- Manage routine communications including weekly and monthly project reviews.
- Assist on budget reports and progress reports
- Required to manage and record meeting minutes, track action items, prepare meeting agendas and disseminate project information
- Supports department managers in the facilitation and motivation of project teams and team members
- Supports team leaders in identifying critical path issues/solutions and task/resource prioritization to maintain schedule and budget
- Appropriately escalate issues to site leadership or external resource tactfully and effectively
- Execute administrative and/or transactional project tasks as needed to escalate resourcing deficiencies or accelerate project timelines
- Apply project management tools and lean methodologies to project management
- Work closely with QA to manage changes and support close-out activities
- Perform other duties as required.
Who you are:
- You are organized and an adept planner. You understand the order of operations for the success of a given effort. You strive to complete tasks to specification to ensure handoff is certain and complete. You pride yourself on execution and “no” or “I can’t” isn’t in your vocabulary.
- Genuine interest in project management as a career path and capable of managing a project from start to finish
- Care deeply about the sustained success of the Mobius Danvers Single Use Operations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High proficiency in ERP systems preferably Oracle
- Demonstrates good judgment in prioritization of projects and tasks
- Operates effectively in safety and quality-driven environment (ISO 9001)
- Comfortable with uncertainty (knowing what you don’t know)
- Effective communicator (verbal, written & listening). Ability to interact and build strong relationships with internal customers and other departmental leaders.
- Can resolve conflicts and build consensus with minimum noise or negativity
- Effective go-between among departments and an advocate for various business functions, needs, and requirements
- Maintains confidential information regarding business goals and objectives
- Ability to challenge current processes and ways of working to drive change within the organization
- Computer literacy – Microsoft office, CMMS, ERP platforms (SAP)
- Willing and able to fulfill the requirements for continued Project Management Certification after hiring.
- Education/Experience: Any combination of academic education, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ownership and management of projects, from concept to implementation.
- Professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, will be considered. Knowledge of manufacturing/industrial operations.
MilliporeSigma is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $38.00 /hour
- Project Management: 1 year