: United States-Virginia-Falls Church
US Citizenship Required for this Position :
Relocation Assistance :
No relocation assistance available
Are you interested in expanding your skills through on-the-job experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, space, strike, and logistics and modernization to customers worldwide. Here at Northrop Grumman, we bring the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work, and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers and communities, while providing the best products, systems and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Communications Intern to join its Falls Church, Virginia team.
In this role, you will:
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Write, edit and distribute announcements, including messages from the president, organizational announcements and other messages that are applicable to employees.
- Write and edit articles in support of the sector’s employee publications, including the quarterly magazine, the weekly e-newsletter and the bi-weekly leadership publication. Support to include conducting interviews, as needed, and distributing the publications to their intended audiences.
- Coordinate the distribution of articles, news items, videos and other messages.
- Support the team in the coordination of events, such as leadership webcasts, leadership conferences and employee recognition events.
- Support the maintenance of the sector’s internal and external websites, including the daily posting of news relating to company initiatives and events.
- Assist with the development of videos from concept to final production.
- Support the implementation of a measurement plan for the Employee Communications function.
- Support the implementation of graphics for the sector’s e-signage monitors.
- Are naturally curious and take pride in foraging news, translating complex topics into the understandable, and telling compelling stories with words, photos and graphics;
- Are creative and tech-savvy, and are fascinated by the latest communications tools and technologies;
- Live by prioritization and organization, and possess a borderline-annoying attention to detail;
- Are poised and approachable, able to both work independently and in partnership with employees/executives;
- Thrive in fast-paced, action-oriented environments and are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, reprioritize quickly and meet deadlines.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university.
- Candidate should be in the process of obtaining a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science, with an emphasis in communications, business or human resources, leadership or related field.
- Be available to work part-time throughout the academic year (days/times are flexible)
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to write and edit effectively and rapidly; experience with Associated Press style guidelines is preferred
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to support with planning of events.
- Ability to learn how to update websites.
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven and strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization in a professional, organized manner.
- Interest in learning more about communication vehicles and tools.
- Position involves exposure to sensitive information, necessitating the considerable use of discretion and judgment.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.