You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s negotiating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career. Find your place in finance on #TeamAmex.
How will you make an impact in this role?
Treasury Asset-Liability Management (ALM) team is part of American Express Global Treasury organization and is responsible for identifying, quantifying and managing market risk exposures, at a balance sheet level for the bank holding company and its subsidiary banks. Team’s main responsibilities include end-to-end execution and reporting of periodic ALM analysis, as well as maintenance, testing and documentation of the Corporate Asset-Liability Management (CALM) system. The team also participates in various regulatory stress testing exercises, including Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and Internal Capital Adequacy Process (ICAAP). This team collaborates with various business partners within the American Express Finance organization, as well as with oversight groups such as model validation, market risk oversight and internal audit.
- Participate in execution of a well-controlled monthly ALM process, including data preparation, process execution, preparation of reports, etc.
- Maintain and test Corporate Asset-Liability Management system
- Develop standard operating procedure for various processes
- Participate in firm-wide stress testing (CCAR, ICAAP)
- Collaborate with various teams within Treasury, including Funding, Modeling and Capital teams
- Interact with oversight groups and address their inquiries
- MBA degree with analytical concentration, or Master’s degree in an analytical discipline (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Operation Research, Engineering)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and experience with cash flow analysis and valuation of financial instruments
- Experience in process documentation
- Strong attention to details and specifics of each analysis
- Experience in database queries (SQL) and data handling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in a programming language such as Python and VBA is a plus
Salary Range: $80,000.00 to $155,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.