Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the 'Great Place to Work' certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela's software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America's 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela's many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can't help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we'd love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
The Director will be responsible for overall success of their portfolio by resourcing, training, establishing predictability, and a proactive approach to raise concerns along with corresponding solutions to address the concerns. As the Portfolio Director, you will be responsible for leveraging executive oversight to drive client implementations, maintain project scope, enable financial targets, while overseeing multiple projects.
Impact you will make in the role:
Expertise you will bring in:
- Provides executive oversight support and attendance at Executive Steering Committees to mitigate risk, achieve successful project go live, and align budget expectations
- Directly manages a team of Project Managers and Consultants; provides support and guidance for overall project management strategy of team
- Recruits, trains, and enables Project Management team to establish a diverse roster of risk-tackling, timeline driven, goal-oriented team members
- Pairs with Executive Sponsors of projects to mutually align expectations and project goals; supports and participates within project governance hierarchy
- Drives weekly Revenue/Billings forecast updates across Portfolio
- Accountable for Portfolio Revenue targets
- Establishes estimate predictability strategies
- Ensures delivery of the highest quality work at the appropriate margins with a focus on client satisfaction
- Coordinates project staffing solutions to include Accela Delivery personnel in combination with offshore and partner personnel
- Responsible for partner Sub-Agreement terms to allow for Portfolio margin targets in combination with successful project go lives
- Takes a proactive approach to anticipating, preventing and solving problems through communications
- Acquires and maintains an in‐depth understanding of the business processes, including new directions the company is taking
- Facilitates team and client interactions effectively
- Produces reports and documents on team progress
- Identifies revenue opportunities through engagement expansion
- Keeps current on industry trends, as well as application and technology best practices
- 50% Travel
Benefits and Perks:
- 5+ years of experience in professional services with a focus on project management and complex implementations
- Prior experience leading and/or managing a disperse team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proven track record of minimizing risk and enhancing revenue opportunities
- Proven experience working in a product driven/software company or a software implementation company
- Proven track record of delivering successful enterprise software (SaaS products a plus)
- Understanding of implementation contract language and ability to determine downstream effects of contractual terms and conditions
- Previous experience in service request management, asset management, land development, business licensing and/or workflow or regulatory compliance software a plus
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer's markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.