At Principal®, every role supports a greater purpose— to help people live their best lives. And after more than 130 years, we’ve never had a more vibrant and dynamic global team united in our purpose. Through community involvement, innovative financial solutions and dedication to career development, we make a difference in millions of lives every day, including our employees’.
, a boutique within Principal Global Investors managing $25 Billion in AUM, is looking for a Portfolio Management Associate to join our research team. Aligned Investors has a successful long-term track record managing the Principal MidCap Fund and Principal Blue Chip Fund. Our investment process involves long-term ownership of high-quality businesses that are managed by owner-operators. It is completely based on fundamental research on individual companies and focused on delivering superior returns over full market cycles.
This role provides integral support to our portfolio managers and portfolio specialist. The functions of the role include:
- Working with Portfolio Managers, compliance, operations, and traders in monitoring orders, managing cash, entering trades, maintaining records, updating portfolios, resolving data/compliance issues, and adhering to guidelines. A sense of urgency and operational excellence are required to ensure minimal errors and appropriate escalation of all issues.
- Working with appropriate personnel to provide information that fulfills client requests.
- Facilitating efficient flow of information between team members and other areas of the firm.
- Ensuring consistent, accurate information is provided in client and marketing materials.
- Supporting the creation and communication of investment commentary and client updates.
- Building knowledge of the team and its processes to become an essential resource for people who work with Aligned Investors and continually improving the team’s operational support.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, statistics or mathematics.
- One or more years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Progress toward Chartered Financial Analyst designation preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and general investment knowledge highly preferred.
- Proficiency with computer applications, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a strong acumen in learning technology. Ability to be “super-user” for FactSet, Charles River and other proprietary and external systems and tools.
- Strong process-oriented background including introduction of controls & procedures.
- Able to demonstrate keen awareness of and ability to mitigate operational risk issues.
This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Investment Code of Ethics:
You will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers personal trading activities for you and members of your household.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.