Iberia Foods is actively sourcing for our opening as controller. The ideal candidate for this role will have mid-size distribution company experience in a transaction intensive environment. This position reports directly to the CFO. This is a hands-on position in a cost focused business.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Provide management with daily, weekly and monthly reports to drive business results.
- Use measurement and reporting to drive business goals such as cost reduction initiatives, working capital management, and return on capital employed to ensure that they are adequately measured, managed and achieved.
- Use measurement and reporting to drive excess expense and capital out of the business.
- Problem solver with the ability to multitask, as well as enhance policies and controls. throughout the company and to identify potential risks in a timely manner.
- Thorough understanding of the reality of the distribution operations (walk the floor).
- Thorough understanding of cost and inventory, warehousing and related logistics.
- Thorough understanding of risk management, risk transfer and insurance.
- Will provide direction to Warehouse Manager for Routing, Fleet management Inventory. Management, Customer Service and Settlements.
- Install financial and operational controls to minimize risk, and assure consistent reporting of operational performance.
- Ability to Benchmark internal operations / develop Metrics.
- Must be able to model.
- Must understand business law, service agreements and union agreements.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments & quality of work product required.
- This is a hands on role / Must have presence and be able to make it happen.
· A B.S. in Accounting or Operations is required with an MBA / CPA preferred.
· Minimum of 8 years prior distribution experience a must
· 4 years of food/wholesale distribution / DSD experience preferred
· Knowledge of ERP and WMS systems and experience with implementing ERP systems.
· Level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets (PIVOT TABLES) and ERP/MRP systems
· Must have ability to concentrate on a number of priorities at once.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity.
NO visa sponsorship.
Iberia Foods and all its companies are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- WHOLESALE: 4 years (Required)
- Distribution: 8 years (Required)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)