Started in 1977, Cudd Energy Services provides customers with more than four decades of industry-leading experience for operational excellence in a wide range of oil and gas service-related applications. From drilling through production, we deliver high-quality solutions for some of the most complex issues faced by modern-day oil and gas operators, carrying on the time-honored tradition established by our founder Bobby Joe Cudd.
Our commitment to delivering unrivaled service is founded on the pursuit and development of highly efficient technology along with a dedication to QHSE diligence. With resources and personnel strategically located throughout the major basins, we maintain a customer-centered, operational focus so we can continue to offer the best services by engineering results for optimal performance.
About the role:
The Diesel Mechanic (shop and field) is a critical role that allows us to accomplish our mission and serve our customers.
You will maintain and repair a variety of equipment including diesel engines, heavy trucks, pumping equipment, lifting equipment, and other oilfield-related equipment, under general supervision. You will also perform preventive and corrective maintenance, failure analysis, diagnostics, repairs, inspections, assembling and rebuilding of all components or equipment (e.g.: engines, power trains, hydraulics, fuel systems, power generation, electrical codes).
Essential duties include the following:
- Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including; diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, sand conveyor systems, air compressors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, mobile/overhead cranes, gear boxes, PTO’s, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24 volt electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires and wheels, forklifts, electro-mechanical equipment, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment and various other types of oilfield related equipment.
- Execute required procedures for preventative maintenance.
- Perform inspections required by company and government entities.
- Perform basic troubleshooting with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Repair and refurbish hydraulic power equipment.
- Read and follow repair manual.
- Read and interpret basic measuring equipment.
- Perform repairs as listed in manuals.
- Operate and maintain power equipment.
- Order parts as necessary for equipment with prior approval.
- Install and/or replace new or reconditioned repair parts.
- Basic testing of equipment for proper operation.
- Operation of lifting devices.
- Complete proper paperwork as assigned.
- May be required to assist other maintenance employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
Our best Diesel Mechanics share the following traits and experience:
- Willingness to work as a team to meet the customer's needs
- Commitment to excellence in the face of adversity
- Attention to detail
- Respect for safety
- Experience maintaining frac related equipment
- Industry certifications and ongoing development of skills
What to expect:
We believe in transparency and want you to be prepared for the role. On the job you will experience:
- Approximately 8-12 hour per day work shifts
- Two week rotations away from home
- Working in a traditional shop setting or outdoors in all weather conditions during the day/night
- Climbing ladders, standing or lying in awkward positions to repair equipment, carrying and handling parts, and other physical tasks
What we offer:
Challenging work deserves competitive compensation:
- Base pay: $17.50 - $30 p/hr.
- Overtime pay: $26.25 - $45 p/hr.
- Approximately 56 - 90 hours per week, often more
- Health insurance with great coverage and low rates
Apply Now if you want to start your career with Cudd and join the industry leader in customer service!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person