This is a part-time temporary position that will operate under the guidance of the Deputy Director of Human
Resources and the Records Specialist. Functioning in an administrative capacity, the Records Assistant will
support the Records Manager with assigned tasks and duties that will aid in the planning and preparation of
digitizing inactive personnel files.
- Assist the Records Specialist with organizing and transporting files;
- Work closely with the Records Specialist to review the records storage facility to create a more
organized record keeping system;
- Regular visits to records storage facility to retrieve files for inventorying and replacing inventoried
files into a more organized filing system that will allow for the easy retrieval of files and documents;
- Assisting the Records Specialist with executing a personnel records classification system;
- Reviewing files for pertinent documents and dates to appropriately classify, file and record.
- Electronically record personnel records via Excel that will allow for the real time tracking of files;
- Making copies, filing, data entry, fielding calls and any other administrative duties as assigned by the
- Organize individual files by removing duplicate items and sectioning files according to Human
Resources best practice and vendor recommendations to create a consistent format;
- Preserve documents that are aged and/or illegible due to environmental conditions and/or quality of
- Assist records Specialist with the execution of an effective records organization and cataloguing
process that will aide in an efficient record digitization format;
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and/or GED required
- Two years of office experience; Human Resources experience highly preferred.
- Ability to transport files and lift boxes weighing up to 25lbs.
- Data entry experience
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Understanding of New York City’s record keeping and retention process;
- Understanding of Human Resources, benefits and pay related documentation;
- Experience and understanding of the records digitization process;
$20.00 per hour
20 - 22 hours
Please submit a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to Candidate Application
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days Of Appointment
The City Of New York And The Office Of The Mayor Are Equal Opportunity Employers