Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others
each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Under general supervision, manage the Non-Food Department and the total store when designated as the Manger on duty. Ensure efficient and effective inventory management, appealing and profitable merchandise presentation and quality customer service. Ensure a safe working environment and provide protection for company assets according to required procedures. Provides support to other managers as requested.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- When manager on duty authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; ensure money is deposited in bank.
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cash accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Manage store in Store Manager's and Assistant Manager's absence.
- Assist Store Manager, and Assistant Manager as directed, in providing training for employees.
- While responsible for the Non- Food Department and processes, the Non-Food Managers specialized areas include:
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper stocking of Non-Food products.
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper presentation standards.
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper execution of hourly recovery standards to model store standards.
- Assist Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in ensuring adequate scheduling coverage. Assess work completion and follow up with associates regarding performance.
- Record Non- Food Markdowns, while analyzing causes and taking corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Assist in sanitation standards and training of all associates assigned in the Non-Food area using the Cleaning Schedule.
- Assist in ensuring the execution of the stores 7 Day Workflow Plan as it relates to stocking standards and (Find-Fill-Fix) procedures.
- Assist in ensuring the stores HHT is used as an investigative device to prevent out of stocks as well as overstocks.
- Assist with the organization of the receiving area.
- Assist with ensuring all merchandise is presented according to established practices and plans. Utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Assist with POG execution, pricing integrity to include price changes, Was/Now, TRP, and Ad signs, as well as all Super Tuesday pricing and signing execution.
- Assist with Tote Inventory Management processes.
- Minimize damages and markdowns, ensure accurate scanning and paperwork, and follow inventory control procedures to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Assist with ensuring adherence to stated company security practices and cash control procedures when supervising operations in Store Manager's absence.
- Assist with ensuring that customers' needs and requests are routinely addressed in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain daily contact with customers to understand merchandise expectations and desires.
- Take a lead role in receipt and handling of new merchandise. Ensure sales shelf preparation and organization of staging areas for new deliveries. Direct and assist associates with unloading trucks. Direct new merchandise according to plan. Efficiently utilize storeroom square footage to stock reserve inventory. Ensure proper rotation of perishable food items.
- Follow all prescribed and outlined cash handling procedures. Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides. Count register. Deposit money in bank. Assist with financial integrity of the store through strict cash accountability, key control compliance, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Assist with conducting safety meetings; help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment. Assist in ensuring that all equipment is functional and maintained to a required level of safety and sanitation.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications. Assist Store Manager in ensuring employee compliance. Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
- As requested by Store Manager, assist with entering payroll information into computer and providing specific training for employees. Backup Store Manager and/ or Assistant Store Manager in absence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in food handling.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years of retail clerk experience.
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience preferred.
- Attainment of required local and state food handling certifications, if applicable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.