Want to make your mark? At Benchmark, we impact lives through human connection. We are thought leaders creating quality experiences and inspiring personal growth for all who engage with us. We just happen to imagine, build and manage beautiful, private-pay communities geared toward older adults. Are you Called to Care about your work, other people and making a difference? Do you believe that people and teams are Better Together than going it alone? Are you always striving to Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured? Then our core values match. Connect with us –and to what truly matters!
The Village at Willow Crossings is seeking an experienced and skilled Director of Facilities Operations to join our growing team of professionals at Benchmark Senior Living. The Director of Facilities Operations is primarily focused on maintaining responsibility for all maintenance and housekeeping functions within an assisted living facility. This person is expected to have a hands-on role in the overall operations of this facility as well as dealing with administrative functions. If you meet our background requirements and are looking to grow your career with a great company that stresses a strong work-life balance, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
As the Director of Facilities Operations, you will be responsible for utilizing your maintenance skills to perform a variety of hands-on tasks including electrical, carpentry, HVAC and general maintenance. In addition, the Director of Facilities Operations will have a strong emphasis on interacting with the staff and residents and overseeing staff, payroll, operational expenses and supply and capital expenditures.
Other responsibilities for the Director of Facilities Operations will include:
- Communication and coordination of people and tasks to accomplish repairs and alterations to buildings and equipment systems
- Providing technical support, product information, research and quality assurance guidance
- Establishing and monitoring a preventative maintenance program that will promote a sense of well-being and esthetic appeal for residents and staff
- Maintaining OSHA and fire code compliance
- Other maintenance functions as required
The Director of Facilities Operations must be an experienced maintenance professional with a strong skillset. Candidates must have previous maintenance and housekeeping management experience in a long term care or assisted living facility. In addition, the Director of Facilities Operations must have a strong working knowledge of applicable building systems, including mechanical/electrical/plumbing with a strong emphasis on HVAC.
Other requirements include:
- Possesses an understanding of all applicable life safety regulations
- Demonstrated ability to run a successful maintenance and housekeeping department
- Experience in facilities management capacity
- Possesses good communication skills
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Possesses diagnostic abilities and skills in completing details
- Possesses the mechanical skills necessary for accomplishing repairs on systems and buildings
- Understands the practices surrounding proper handling of bio hazardous waste
- Must be able to work a Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday work schedule
At Benchmark Senior Living, we recognize how hard our employees work in order to provide our resident seniors with the best care possible. Therefore, we are proud to provide great compensation and excellent benefits!
Benefits available include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Planning
- Working Advantage
- Culture Compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Discounts on MetLife Auto and Home Insurance through payroll deduction
- Paid Membership fees for SitterCity