Title: Farminary Fellow
Status: Exempt / Full Time
Purpose: Primary tasks of the Farminary Fellow will include theological research, composting and other farm work. The Fellow will expand the seminary’s research footprint and enhance the vitality and vibrancy of the Seminary community through the Farminary. The work of this fellowship will be divided more or less evenly between research and farm work.
Supervision: Director of the Farminary Project
1. Bring a research agenda that is geared toward a specific ministry context (e.g. academy, congregation, non-profit, and so on). Candidate should have a research question they want to answer, or begin answering, during the term of the fellowship. The research question should connect vitally with the mission of the Farminary.
2. Assist in the continued development and implementation of the seminary’s composting program at the Farminary. Duties would include managing student workers, researching methods for expanding composting at the Farminary, and, as appropriate, implementing new and expanded systems and methods.
3. Care for the farm under the direction of the Director of the Farminary.
1. Master’s degree required, advanced Ph.D. degree preferred.
2. Belief in the resurrection and excellence in theological reflection.
3. Excellent communication skills; computer literacy to include standard software.
4. An accessible and collegial style, as is the creativity and energy to share new ideas and directions.
5. Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner.
6. Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, and evaluate plans.
7. Ability to lead groups and projects as well as function as part of a collaborative team.
8. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
9. Able to work with minimum supervision.
10. A valid driver’s license.
11. Willingness to get dirty, able to lift 40 lbs. and the love of compost.
Princeton Theological Seminary reserves the right to amend this position description at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected by the law.
Job Type: Full-time