Position Summary (Primary Function)
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the coordination of activities and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office. S/he handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. S/he will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Prepares or creates a variety of correspondence, notifications, forms, meeting minutes, agenda's, spreadsheets, and related documentation in order to communicate information to Staff, the Airport Commission, and the public.
- Screens incoming/outgoing correspondence in order to ensure timely necessary responses by either the President/CEO or the appropriate Staff member in order to maximize the efficiency/effectiveness of office operations and/or services provided.
- Proofreads correspondence, reports, or on screen data in order to identify errors.
- Coordinates the schedule for President/CEO in order to ensure that meetings, deadlines, presentations, and other requirements of the executive office are met.
- Identifies, prepares and compiles necessary materials to ensure that the President/CEO has appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, events and special projects.
- Acts as liaison between the Office of the President/CEO and other departments/staff within the organization.
- Liaisons with Airport Commission Members in order to maximize efficiency/effectiveness of operations.
- Act as the lead in preparation for Commission Meetings, including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items, drafting the agenda, setting the timetable and owners for board material preparation, producing a final draft of the meeting packets, and producing accurate Commission minutes at each meeting.
- Manage effective contacts and relationships with Commission Members, including arranging Commission member travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, and board meeting logistics, and acting as a first point of contact for Commission Member queries.
- Processes travel itineraries both domestic and international for the President/CEO for attendance/participation in a variety of conferences, business or education related travel.
- Responsible for dealing with confidential information appropriately.
- Maintains hard copy and electronic files for President/CEO.
- Maintains files for Leases and Contracts, and AIP projects.
- Prepares various reports and maintains databases as required to assist the President/CEO in the areas of operational/financial monitoring and improvement, etc.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Supervises the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position coordinating tasks, advising, handling the performance management process, identifying training requirements, etc.
- Undertakes special projects or performs other assignments as needed.
Education Requirements (*Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)*
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of executive administrative support experience required.
- Five or more years of experience in airport and or governmental environment preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and data gathering skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a changing environment.
- High degree of judgment, tact, honesty, integrity and professionalism as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of the documents and communications involving the office.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading, document processing, and relaying messages.
- Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative; ability to work independently, accurately, and exercise discretion.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate the needs of the President/CEO.
- Strong work ethic; commitment to completing work on a timely basis.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point, Access experience a benefit), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms to prepare a variety of documents, forms, and or related materials.
- Flexibility; resourcefulness; adaptability to changing needs and demands; willingness to work longer hours as circumstances require.
- Ability to interpret and provide guidance concerning the general operating policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District.
- Knowledge of established procedure and practices for taking meeting minutes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point, Access experience a benefit), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms to prepare a variety of documents, forms, and or related materials, and the operation of office equipment.
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
- Position warrants considerable independence and initiative in carrying out assign responsibilities and duties.
- Position requires a high level of technical accuracy, as the level of impact resulting from errors could have a long-term negative effect, both economically and politically.
- Inaccurate work could result in lost revenue and/or increased expenses to the Commission.
- Job is performed in an office setting.
- Requires frequent bending, twisting, stooping or turning. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds is necessary.
- Must be able to operate a computer keyboard/mouse.
- Must be able to drive to various locations on and off airport premises.
- Normal work hours are from 8:30 – 5:30.
- Must be able to complete and pass a drug screen and background investigation as required by the Federal Government.
How to Apply
Submit an application at www.gspairport.com/careers
GSP Airport is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time