DESCRIPTION: Supports all human resources related initiatives within the organization for salary & union associates, and retirees. Assists with the administration of employee health, welfare and retirement plans, ensures adherence to all company policies & procedures, in addition to processing payroll for all employees.
- Assist with administering health and welfare plans including enrollments, terminations, status changes and other general inquiries. Benefit programs include: 401 (k) Retirement & Pension Plans, medical/dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D, workers' compensation, leave of absence, Health Savings Account.
- Prepares and processes related pension forms, calculates pension estimates and assists employees and retirees in pension matters. Respond to 401(k) inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Assists with 401(k) annual non-discrimination testing.
- Process and administer all leave of absence requests, disability and workers compensation paperwork: medical, personal, disability, FMLA.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers reviewing for accuracy. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company.
- Acts as liaison between employee, insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Assists with annual open enrollment process with distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Performs various payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts on a scheduled basis.
- Processes payroll and related commission checks for all weekly, bi-weekly, executive and Canadian employees.
- May interview applicants for various positions, perform employment application administrative duties such as reference checks, educational background verification, and arranging medical/drug screen appointments. Maintains records related to same. Assists with preparation of annual affirmative action plan.
- Conducts new employee orientations reviewing benefit plans, company policies & practices, and E-Verify I-9 verifications.
- Maintains all electronic and paper employment files and related employee information in payroll / HRIS / ERP systems and files. Run reports from employee database as requested.
- Assists with administering various union contract requirements including seniority reports, job bids, transfers, rate increases, benefit administration, layoffs, recalls, and updating collective bargaining agreement.
- Assists with preparing annual government reports including EEO-1, VETS 100, and OSHA log.
- Distributes company communications accordingly, maintains bulletin boards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in HR or related field of study. Exp. may be substituted for education.
- Up to 3 years related exp. in HR or benefits administration and payroll processing required.
- Demonstrated exp. utilizing Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint is required.
- Familiarization with Paylocity Payroll processing system desired.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written)
- Self-motivated; accurate and detail orientated.
- Ability to raise issues proactively and in a timely manner.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft office, Word, e-mail, internal network with emphasis on Excel).Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
- Work environment will consist of a regular office setting with limited occasional exposure to a manufacturing setting.
- Working knowledge of both employment and payroll related federal and state laws.
- Unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
- No other employees directly report to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)