As a Parts Clerk you will be responsible for ordering, receiving, storing, and issuing parts, materials, equipment, and other items out of an industrial maintenance stock room. Work hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Must be willing and able to work early mornings or late nights, and overtime, as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and counts parts; records inventory data in computer-based work order system.
- Issues maintenance parts and related materials to staff via computer-based work order system.
- Verifies inventory by comparing them to physical counts, investigates discrepancies / adjusts errors.
- Labels stock items with identification tags and location numbers.
- Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner, ensuring all parts are in the appropriate location.
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas.
- Picks up or delivers parts, supplies, or other equipment as needed.
- Keeps records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Complies with all company Good Manufacturing Practices and Safety Policies.
- Always performs tasks in a manner that protects and promotes safety.
- Communicates outstanding issues or pending action items.
- Operating a forklift, as required.
- Other job duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required. (Associate’s degree, preferred.)
- 2+ years in a maintenance related field or industrial warehouse setting, required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- 2+ years as a parts clerk, preferred.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature is required.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical.
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and possess a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible while ensuring priorities are completed.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Dependability with a strong work ethic is a must.
- Strong customer / stakeholder focus skills, required.
- Must take pride in your work and have a desire to take ownership of your role.
- Must be computer proficient with the ability and desire to learn new computer-based systems.
- Process improvement minded, is a plus.
- This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- This position has no direct reports.
- Advises, leads, consults and coordinates with:
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Working environment is in a chemical facility. Must be comfortable with outdoor working conditions, routinely exposed to the elements. Frequent walking in a large production facility.
- Must be able to safely perform all the duties of the job.
- Capable of bending, climbing, stooping, and standing.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer/pre-placement drug screen, background and motor-vehicle check.
Come grow with us!
ArrMaz is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status.
ArrMaz participates in E-verify. Go to https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 to $19.25 /hour
- industrial warehouse: 2 years (Required)
- industrial maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- parts clerk: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)