The mission of Children Achieving Maximum Potential, Inc. is to provide individuals with autism and related disorders comprehensive science-based treatments through intensive individualized instruction.
Our goal is for individuals with autism to learn to communicate effectively, become increasingly independent, interact appropriately with others in the community and their home, enjoy their learning experiences and to be treated with respect, courtesy and dignity.
Like our name states, we believe that children with autism can achieve their maximum potential with implementation of individualized research-based interventions. We believe the best route to effective treatment begins with educating the family and those closest to the child.
The Family Consultant serves as the team leader interface face between families and ChAMP for delivery of therapist services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Frequent and meaningful contact with families and therapists regarding the client’s progress and any concerns.
- Provide meaningful and accurate treatment plans.
- Help smooth the transition for new families to ChAMP by making immediate appointments to meet with parents, evaluate the client, observe current therapists, assist in setting up a therapy schedule, communicate therapist/respite needs to ChAMP administration.
- Supervise the family’s program; provide guidance to parents.
- Observe therapists working with the client at least monthly or every other month depending on the family’s needs.
- Complete employee evaluations with parents; report any concerns regarding families or IISS therapists to ChAMP administration immediately; ensure that all documentation regarding the client’s program is accurate.
- Stay abreast of scheduling issues, including gaps in services and need for therapists.
- Communicate with ChAMP administration any needs or concerns; keep the team organized.
- Provide additional materials where necessary or inform ChAMP administration of additional materials needed.
- Take a proactive role in assisting the family in interviewing and selecting IISS candidates that meet the needs of their client.
- Submit reports and time sheets regularly in accordance with the established pay schedule.
- Be timely in responding to ChAMP requests; take ownership of assignments.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $40.00 /hour
- special education: 5 years (Preferred)
- Teaching Certificate in Special Education (Preferred)