Roquette is a global leader in plant-based ingredients and a pioneer of new vegetal proteins.
In collaboration with its customers and partners, the Group addresses current and future societal challenges by unlocking the potential of Nature to offer the best ingredients for Food, Nutrition and Health markets.
Each of these ingredients responds to unique and essential needs, and they enable healthier lifestyles.
Thanks to a constant drive for innovation and a long-term vision, the Group is committed to improving the well-being of millions of people all over the world while taking care of resources and territories.
Roquette currently operates in over 100 countries, has a turnover of around 3.5 billion euros and employs 8,600 people worldwide.
People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
A career with Roquette will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference as you work with some of the brightest individuals in the industry who use innovation and continuous improvement to solve challenging problems, while increasing efficiency and reducing waste. Our goal is to drive growth in the manufacturing industry to achieve and sustain best-in-class standards in everything we do.
Roquette America’s manufacturing facility in Keokuk, Iowa is an expansive continuous processing corn wet-milling facility that proudly produces corn-based starches, syrups and polyols used in many food and beverage applications as well as in pharmaceuticals, paper products, cosmetics and agricultural goods.
Is your ambition to create a positive and attractive environment where everyone wants to join, where everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall performance of the company and be recognized for it? Are you ready for new demanding and exciting challenges? Join our Global Human Resources team to leverage the cultural transformation of Roquette!
This role will facilitate, in partnership with staffing organization and the business partners, the staffing process within the assigned functions, including developing the recruitment pipeline for current openings and fulfilling all activities required as the Workday recruiting partner, including candidate identification, candidate selection, and candidate onboarding activities.
- Lead and fully execute key initiatives that support Roquette’s strategy
- Guide leaders and employees regarding Company policies, values, HR programs (benefits, pay and salary) administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner
- Must accurately diagnose organization issues, develop solutions and implement action plans
- Must ensure activities are in compliance with all state and federal employment laws, regulations, and the CBA (e.g., FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA)
- Drives organizational initiatives, performance management, talent development, employee engagement, workforce planning, learning and development.
- Ability to understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Present the position of the company during arbitration or other labor negotiations.
- Adapt and ensure the successful execution of local staffing strategies for exempt/non-exempt hiring needs. Partner with local teams to ensure ongoing Outreach for building the talent pipeline
- Develop and execute site/region-level strategies to improve Organizational Health and culture
- Lead and participate in regional Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Must be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal skills) and must be able to effectively present to all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Works with Operations and local leaders on community support and development initiatives. Maintains good public relations status with the local stakeholders, state and local government representatives, and business people in the community
- Communicates proactively with international peers and counterparts
Skills & Capabilities:
- Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all of the core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management; leadership development; training)
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Previous talent management and succession planning experience preferred
- Proven ability to influence decision making
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations
- Strong expertise in developing solutions based upon facts/data analytics
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present their point of view in varied business situations
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Psychology, or Master's Degree;
- Progressive leadership experience with increasing responsibilities and direct reports;
- 5+ years of HR Experience working with a CBA (collective bargaining agreement);
- 10 + years of HR experience with a minimum of 5+ years management experience and proven progression of increase in responsibilities;
- HR Management experience within a Manufacturing environment
**This role can be based in Gurnee, IL OR Keokuk, IA - Will visit Keokuk site several times per month
We expect four leadership skills from all our employees:
* Act like a valuable team member
* Target quality and excellence
* Be disciplined and compliant
* Make decisions quickly and with determination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer “AAP, EEO, M/F/H/V/D, Drug-Free Workplace
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement): 5 years (Required)
- Talent Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Succession Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources Management: 5 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)