Analyze our current buying systems and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations. The Production Support Team Leader/Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing our Purchasing Department, establishing buyer goals based on company inventory needs and sales projections and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team. This position will report directly to the Manager of Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
· Work with the Manager of Manufacturing to effectively plan on-time delivery of sales orders based on available manpower and materials (outsource when necessary).
· Strategically plan scheduling of material deliveries to meet demanding project schedules.
· Competitively quote and purchase machine fabrications and commercial components including castings, steel, electrical and hydraulic components, gears and bearings.
· Visit, select and approve vendors of fabrications, suppliers and machine shops.
· Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards.
· Process released Bill of Materials in the computer system to generate Job Orders and purchasing requirements and schedule these orders and requirements to meet On-Time deliveries.
· Process Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) as required to meet requirements.
· Review inventory levels and then work with sales & engineering to suggest either adding commonly used materials or parts to stock or reduce stock levels for low usage materials or parts.
· Building strong collaborative relationships with internal departments including Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales and Quality.
· Lead weekly Production meeting and Repair Parts meeting to provide information to sales and engineering on sales order status.
COMPETIENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills and be proficient in the following: Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, strong communication (verbal and written), ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive environment and an ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Production Support Team Leader/Supervisor will lead the Production Support team and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department while reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Business Administration with five years purchasing management experience. Two or more years’ experience working in a Job Shop environment. APICS Certification a plus. ERP/MRP Software experience. Exposure to ISO-9001 audits and procedures.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical drawings, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, suppliers, and customers. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, suppliers, and fellow employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but occasionally moderate to loud.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required at times to supplier locations.
ADDITIONAL ELIGABILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to speak/read/write in English. The ability to work with employees in high stress situations.
All employees are required to pass the pre-employment as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
French Oil Mill Machinery Co. is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Purchasing Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place