- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Powerpoint
State Industrial Products is currently looking for a creative person to join our Marketing Department as a Marketing Intern. This intern will contribute to key marketing initiatives and assist with a number of projects, including basic graphic design, updating and preparing digital files of corporate sales materials, creation of product videos, data entry and archiving. This hands-on internship needs a team player who is willing to take on multiple projects in efforts to meet various corporate deadlines. This is an opportunity to stretch your design skills in a fast-pasted and friendly environment.
The ideal candidate would be able to work five days per week over their planned academic break. However, we are flexible on the specific hours and days worked based on class schedule, etc. Normal business hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Conceptual design and digital layout creation for print and electronic channels
- Update corporate documents and sales materials using InDesign
- Digitally modify or enhance photographs with Photoshop
- Shoot application, product, portrait or group photographs (film and digital)
- Participate in the creation, development and production of videos.
- Prepare proofs for review utilizing corporate approval checklists and review forms
- Archive art files and photographs
- Assist in print shop/mailroom organization and distribution
- Perform miscellaneous related tasks as required
Skills and Competencies
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite with proficiency with InDesign and Photoshop
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point and Word)
- Able to edit digital files into finished videos
- Able to meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of marketing
- Tablet skills desirable
- 0-2 years marketing and graphic design experience. Relevant coursework accepted.
- Outgoing and engaging personality – we like to have fun at work
- Strong communication skills - American Sign Language a plus
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
*State Industrial Products is a nonsmoking facility*
Job Type: Internship