Who You Are
You’re an exceptional communicator that wants to work at an organization with stories worth telling. You’re equally comfortable defining organization-wide communication strategy as stepping in to draft short content quickly. You know that results don’t speak for themselves; even an organization with an enviable record of driving critical improvements in New York City’s public schools needs to speak clearly, compellingly, and regularly to its core stakeholders. You’re persistent, results-driven, and have demonstrated success building and leading high-performing teams. Most importantly, you believe in the power of public schools and the possibility that they can work for everyone.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in a communications or related role with progressively increased responsibilities
- 3+ years’ experience managing multiple direct reports, and working in collaboration with multiple other teams
- Expertise in overseeing and developing websites, social media and other digital assets, in producing marketing campaigns and developing publications and other externally-facing assets, and leveraging multiple forms of media to define and elevate an organization’s public profile
- Experience engaging press, both proactively to place stories and responsively
- Extensive experience writing, editing, and producing compelling print and digital content
- Experience in an organization with a social sector or public good focus preferred, but not required
What You’ll Do
You’ll build and lead a high-performing communications team dedicated to telling the story of New Visions. This includes shaping our organizational communications strategy, in partnership with the organization’s senior leadership and Board, and leading day-to-day execution of that strategy. You will work with teams across the organization to make what they do and how they’re changing thousands of lives understandable and visible to multiple audiences.
Why New Visions?
You’ll have the opportunity to shape how to highlight improvements that make a real difference to tens of thousands of New Yorkers, from educators and school leaders to students and families. You will get to work with staff at New Visions and in our partner schools and organizations who are thought leaders and innovators in the education sector. You’ll be challenged constantly, but will have a talented, diverse, and passionate team to support you. You’ll be part of an organization that values its employees, regularly reviewing and ensuring market-leading compensation, great benefits, and fun work perks!
To apply and read the comprehensive job description, check out our careers site:
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our people and teams should reflect the diverse communities we serve, and that our culture and internal structures should be inclusive and equitable for all prospective and current employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $220,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Communications strategy and leadership: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in New York, NY 10017