The dock worker is responsible for scanning materials after comparing to load sheets, then loading trucks in preparation for delivery. The dock worker must have a sharp eye for detecting quality issues with products before loading and taking the necessary actions to address with department managers.
- Executes quality control check on materials prior to loading.
- Responsible for daily load sheets, loading the last stop first.
- Scans and review ID tags of materials as it crosses over the back of the truck into the box area.
- Ensures of materials are secure and tied down properly.
- Notates any missing items from truck and contacts the driver to explain why the items are missing for next day deliveries.
- Responsible for staging the next days items to be loaded behind the appropriate door, depending on which truck is scheduled to deliver materials.
- Maintains a neat, clean and safe working area.
- Assists in stocking or moving inventory as requested
- Checks boxes for any damages or repairs and report to the Transportation Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager
- Positive attitude
- Physical requirements include: lifting 100+ lbs., standing, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching
- Ability to read load sheets
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location