The prime responsibility of this position is to ensure the optimized and reliable operation of all production equipment (current as well as new acquisitions) in a safe and compliant environment.
The candidate must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as PLC programming, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.
Knowledge of administrative tasks such as project planning and implementation (on schedule and budget) are essential. Updating and providing actual tracking information to Management and/or workforce when needed and/or requested.
The goal is to ensure that facility and all equipment, existing and/or new, are in their best and safe operating conditions, at all times.
This position includes daily operation reviews and production activities to optimize productivity and capacity levels. In so doing, coordination of in-house maintenance employees and tasks, management and supervision of sub-contractors, when applicable.
It is expected that this position will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring continuous compliance to applicable health, safety and environmental regulations and company’s insurance requirements.
A good working relationship will be required with other functions of the company such as quality assurance, controls and accounting by working seamlessly at answering questions, solving problems and providing advice and/or assistance. The job holder will be expected to harness his/her responsibilities while contributing to a working environment that promotes team work, energy and creativity.
Engineer will consistently ensure that production equipment is:
- Performing as planned and production goals (capacity and capabilities) are continuously met;
- Equipment is constantly optimized to yield best performance (least downtime – maximized productivity);
- Working environment and manufacturing equipment are maintained in full compliance to health and safety as well as environment regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adequate building, plant support systems and production equipment maintenance periodically to determine problems and necessary curative actions to be taken, if applicable;
- Prepare continuous maintenance schedules and allocate adequate work resources including preventive maintenance;
- Plan and implement safe maintenance practices for scheduled downtimes;
- Supervise (and contribute whenever needed), tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance activities;
- Analyze, plan and perform all repairs and/or replacement of manufacturing equipment in order to maintain continuous efficient manufacturing operations;
- Enforce respect of streamlined work practices approved by management;
- Ensure full compliance of health and safety regulations throughout the organization;
- Manage all tasks to ensure that we are meeting and/or exceeding production objectives;
- Develop and monitor a permanent maintenance list parts to be purchased and kept in inventory at all times, based approved budget;
- Participate in various improvement or new equipment projects;
- Prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation upon request;
- Contribute to good business practices.
Qualifications - Minimum qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering as well as any applicable Professional Certifications;
- Strong technical knowledge of all maintenance skills (PLC programming and controls, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical in low and high voltage);
- Solid knowledge of applicable Health and Safety (OSHA) as well as Environmental regulations;
- Pertinent plant and manufacturing equipment maintenance experience of at least five (5) years;
- Solid ability to produce schematic and electrical diagrams and/or illustrations is required;
- Solid computer knowledge and skills are required (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc..)
- Adequate experience of budgeting and performance management;
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities;
- Strong organizational skills; Must be able to multitask; detailed oriented;
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Being self-motivated and reliable;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pertinent plant and manufacturing equipment maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- bachelor’s degree in engineering (Required)