As a DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for all software source code, configuration management, build and deployment process throughout the development and delivery lifecycle. The DevOps engineer will develop and maintain application tools that build, deploy, automate and streamline the product delivery process. Ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with a solid understanding of underlying systems and technologies. You have a passion for programming and automation, but can also think of the business needs and where and how you can utilize your skills to help improve the current state of our infrastructure and fulfill those needs. You have the soft skills to work with business owners and end users. you will perform other duties as assigned.
- Passion for programming and automation, and actively look for opportunities to develop tools to streamline and simplify the development and delivery process
- Self-motivated and have attention to detail
- Drive and champion Continuous Delivery and automation wherever feasible
- Familiar with Systems, networking and Software development (OS, firewalls, LoadBalancer, WebServer, Application Server)
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, implementing, testing, production support)
- Good understanding of the full stack software development (databases, services, REST, client-side, user interface)
- Monitor & manage analytics of systems and applications
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to be productive while delivering high quality work
- Curious about how systems work and how they fail
- Eager to learn new technologies and solutions
- Love open source and collaboration
- Be a team mate, a student, and a mentor
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 years experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 2 years experience
- 2+ years of experience with various scripting, programming languages and frameworks such as Python, django, Shell Scripting, Ruby, JSON, Java, REST
- 2+ years of experience with Continuous Integration using tools GIT, Maven / Gradle, Jenkins/Hudson, Sonar, Cobertura/ clover and Artifactory
- 2+ years experience with Deployment Automation and Configuration Management tools like Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Salt
- 2+ years experience working on Unix/Linux Systems
- 2+ years of experience with cloud computing and container solutions such as GoogleCloud, Rackspace, or Amazon EC2, Docker
- Experience with Message Queues such as (TIBCO EMS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka or similar technologies)
- Experience with Systems, networking and Software development (OS, firewalls, LoadBalancer, WebServer, Application Server)
- Experience with full stack software development (databases, services, REST, client-side, user interface)
- Experience managing and integrating test automation (Selenium, Fitnesse, etc.) into various points in a development pipeline
- Experience with Montoring and log analytics tools ( similar to elasticsearch, LogStash, Kibana, Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB, Nagios, Cacti, Splunk, Zabbix)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and stakeholders
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.